Don King Sues ESPN

I just came across this. Normally I dont read too much about sports but this was pretty interesting.

NEW YORK (AP) - For once, Don King kept quiet.

Instead of pontificating, the boxing promoter stood stiffly in the background as his lawyer discussed a defamation suit King filed Wednesday against ESPN. The attorney said King is entitled to damages of more than $2.5 billion.

The lawsuit says a "SportsCentury" segment aired last May accused King of being "a snake oil salesman, a shameless huckster and worse," claimed the flamboyant promoter underpaid Muhammad Ali by $1.2 million and claimed King - convicted in a 1967 beating death and acquitted in a 1954 killing - "killed not once, but twice."

Most of the material in the program had been printed or broadcast earlier about King, who has spent much of his career in court, but the wild-haired promoter said he had just had enough.

"I just felt that this was the straw that broke the camel's back and I can't take it anymore, and I'm going to fight back," King said at a news conference. "I seek justice."

Source

edit:

i didnt know this was posted already. https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry585283975

mod please feel free to delete this thread.

Edited by mohennessey