[Review] Cooler Master STF-BOI-EI Cross Flow Fan

well i recently got my cooler master cm stacker case and i read about this new fan designed just for the case.. it was 30$ USD so i figure id give it a try...

specs are as follows

dim: 50 x 50 x 336mm (its big mofo)

weight: 400g

volt: DC 12v

start volt: 5v

current: .24amps

speeds (4)

off: 0 rpm (duh)

low: 1400 rpm (6.5v)

middle: 1800 rpm (8.5v)

high: 2500 rpm (12v)

noise

off: 0db

low: 22db

middle: 30db

high: 38db (i run this setting)

airflow: 1.3m3/min

pressure 2.0mmH20 (w/e that means)

k now all that aside.. lemme start by saying order this NOW if u got this case.. and if u dont got this case then order it and then add this to ur cart.. this thing ROCKS.... i though 120mm moved massive air.. HA this shiiits all over them of course its bigger but the air is just wicked.. its designed to blow air over the complete mobo (atx) ..and it does just that and more! dropped my gfx card temp by 15*C and then dropped my cpu by almost 10*C so my p4 3.0e running @ 3.65 is idle temp of 35C... NUTS..

now this fan is very loud @ highest setting.. but for the air it moves its worth it.. just turn the music up.. it weights a nice amount to, it came in a nice lil package w/ a pci slot fan speed controller (see pics) and screws to mount it in the pre-drilled holes in the CM stacker so install was fairly easy.. even with all my componets installed.. took maybe 5mins, for the price (about $30) it was well worth it in my mind... u dont even need to have ne other fans in ur stacker if u use this one..

for intake it uses the pre-hole'd out side panel that comes with the stacker (see pics) so it pulls in all the air it can then splits it out inside the case through a smaller exhaust which allows it more pressure making it go further throughout the case :p

if ne questions feel free im sure i didnt cover suttim :p

dscn16922cw.th.jpg

dscn16959ju.th.jpg

dscn16962mv.th.jpg

dscn16975gf.th.jpg

dscn16986oo.th.jpg

dscn16993gw.th.jpg

dscn17040on.th.jpg

it attaches to the other side. not the window side.

it's a very cool product. you could probably get it to work in a regular case if there's room and you are handy with the tools ;)