? Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks

? USB mini-receiver

? Desktop stand

? Carrying cases for mouse, mini-receiver and numeric pad

? CD with software, comfort guidelines and help center

? 2 AA and 2AAA alkaline batteries

? 5-year limited hardware warranty

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9575

I've always liked Logitech and their peripherals. The diNovo bluetooth media combo I've had my eye on for a while, but the premium it costs I feel is too much for a keyboard + mouse.

So, the other day I was at my local Megamart and happened to walk by the peripherals section, then I hLogitech diNovo Cordless Desktopo Cordless Desktop. Price tag AU$299 - I don't think so. Got home that night and founSold!;198. Sold!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sofware Setupb]Sofware Setup[/b]>Sofware Setup

Logitech hasn't even skimped on the interface for the software setup, as classy and elegant as the keyboard. I found the basic functions of the keyboard worked upon pressing connect on the receiver and keyboard, but the function lock key wouldn't work until I insWelcome screen

Welcome screen

setup-start.jpg

setup-hardware.jpg

setup-software.jpg

setup-done.jpg

Damn restart!

The setup is fairly straight forward, I liked having the choice of what devices to install.

(I use my MX500 in tandem with the keyboard - I don't trust wireless mice, yet the mouse that came with the keyboard)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The KeyboardThe Keyboardi>The Keyboard

The keyboard itself is very stylish and classy. It feels alot like a laptop keyboard (and looks like one too). Unlike the other cordless combos from logitech, the diNovo only has the useful keys you will use, they're all integrated very nicely as well - not all over the place like the other combos.

Getting used to typing on the diNovo takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour I feel. I've just gotten used to it myself. Having the numpad detatchable is good in a sense, the only problem I have is forgetti:) it's not there :)

The media control is in a good position for the keyboard, it is easy to press the buttons and they're not too cluttered. The styling of the control Keyboard - Top vieweyboard - Top view

keyboard-side.jpg

(Yes, that is a Dell 2001FP in the bKeyboard - Side view #2ard - Side view #2

keyboard-side2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Numpad--The Numpad>The Numpad

As mentioned before, the numpad is seperate from the keyboard. Good in a way, bad in another. I would of liked to have the option to clip the numpad back to the keyboard - but I don't think this will be happening.

You have 2 functions pretty much:

? General numpad

? "smart calculator" (No need to use calc anymore!)

The numpad also has an LED display, which you use for the calculator and for the display of date and time. The best function I think is the Temperature display!

I'm not sure if the numpad needed an additional media control section, but I guess without Numpadain.

Numpad

numpad-display.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Receiver----The ReceiverThe Receiver

The receiver for the diNovo has been designed for both desktop and laptop use. You can plug it normally into a USB with the main receiver "head unit" or if you're on the go, you can plug it into a USB port like a memory key/stick.

If you're on the go, this is very handy. You have LED indicators on the main head unit for when the caps lock key and function lock key are active.

receiver.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OVERALL----------

OVERALL

Similar design to the diNovo bluebooth for a fraction of the cost. I feel it is a good buy for anyone who is a peripheral junkie and likes stylish hardware.

Pros='color:green'>Pros

? Quiet keys

? Comfortable

? Additional carry case

? LED display w/ temp

? Easy media control

? Small and portable receiver

? Keyboard + numpad can be seperated*

(as mentioned by lunamonkey)Consan>

Cons

? Keyboard + numpad are seperate*

? Keys can feel a bit cluttered at times

? No media display information on numpad as with the diNovo media desktop

(a10ed by lunamonkey)

8.5/10

* (To some a con, to some a pro)

Edited by yayo

Nice, however,

You've put one of the benifits as a con.

You haven't mentioned that the media display functionality of the numpad is not present in the notebook edition. Which is a con.

Nice, however,

You've put one of the benifits as a con.

You haven't mentioned that the media display functionality of the numpad is not present in the notebook edition. Which is a con.

585291676[/snapback]

Gees sorry, I can't think of everything..

eh.. wouldnt buy it already have the mx1000 and a nice logitech keyboard thats not cordless. dont need a cordless keyboard imho. anyway i can get that new setup for 129 instead of 249 :) with my discount. :) not a bad review tho.