Wake Forest edges UNC

for real. edging is just more of the unc/duke bias crap. after what, midway through the first, unc was behing be at least 10 pretty consistently.

i'm so glad unc lost, i was so sick of accspn, i mean espn, spewying their non-stop crap about how much better unc was than anybody else.

HELLO, doesn't anybody remember a little high school, i mean college, called santa clara?!!?

i don't care who was on unc at that time, you don't lose to high schools and then try to claim you should be #1 over 2 zero loss teams!

yet look at last weeks power 16 from the espn sports writers. i believe 4 of the 5 put unc AHEAD of illinios and kansas. are you kidding me? could espn and dukie v be any more biased? illinois was up by 32! i believe on wake before the starters were pulled. yeah, home court helps, but it doesn't help cover 32 points.

Well, I've always loved UNC basketball and still try to watch them every chance I get, and Raymond Felton is my favorite college basketball player...

But, they flat out got it handed to them today. Felton was like 5-18 from the field (he shouldn't even be taking 18 shots in a game) and Sean May was absolutely dreadful. The guy plays great one game, sucks the next. He's too inconsistent.

I bet Roy Williams cannot wait until next year, when UNC will have probably the deepest team in the country (assuming McCants, Felton or May don't leave).

This all has to do with homecourt advantage.  I'm sure UNC would've won if they played at home.

585301726[/snapback]

Truly, this expansion crap blows ass. We won't be able to find out what would happen since they only play once during the season. Screw Miami and Va Tech... They are feasting on bottom feeders right now.

However I will welcome BC to the conference next year.

I'm a tarfeel fan as well. I stop watching the game early in the first half. unc couldnt keep wake off the free throw line. oh well. I just hope they beat duke. that's all I care about.

Oh no you don't, my Blue Devils will own you :yes:

585301749[/snapback]

It's gonna be tough though, at least they play at Cameron first.

I bleed Devil Blue btw

gah, all these acc fans!  you all suck :p

585301813[/snapback]

Hey hey hey. I support the SEC and WAC too (Y)

Seriously, watching a Big 10 game is like pulling teeth with pliars (for me anyway).

Did anyone get to catch the Louisville-Cincy game? That was a great game as well. Cincy blows a 17 point lead at home. Huggy Bear's days are limited in Bearcat land, me thinks.

I don't know about edging them out... Wake was in control most of the game, I am really glad they won  :yes:

585301030[/snapback]

I completely agree. Check ESPN's game flow and you'll see that Wake was up almost the whole game.

I'm a UNC fan and I have to say, Saturday's game was just ugly. Turns out you can't win a game if your star players don't play because of foul trouble. Oh yeah, and the 28% 3pt percentage didn't help much either. I actually stopped watching halfway through the second half because of how disgusted I was. Quite a wakeup call from the Georgia Tech game.

And although I don't like Wake Forest, I have to give them props for shooting 32 of 32 free throws. That's pretty good. I guess that #3 ranking really does belong to them.

I completely agree.  Check ESPN's game flow and you'll see that Wake was up almost the whole game.

I'm a UNC fan and I have to say, Saturday's game was just ugly.  Turns out you can't win a game if your star players don't play because of foul trouble.  Oh yeah, and the 28% 3pt percentage didn't help much either.  I actually stopped watching halfway through the second half because of how disgusted I was.  Quite a wakeup call from the Georgia Tech game.

And although I don't like Wake Forest, I have to give them props for shooting 32 of 32 free throws.  That's pretty good.  I guess that #3 ranking really does belong to them.

585304735[/snapback]

that 32 of 32 is insane. esp. given the fact that they were like a 66% team. i've never heard of anything like that before.

well, Wake Forest lost last week when they miss a free throw. espn is still saying that unc is the best team in ncaa basketball.