[NFL] A couple of coach news

There were three coaching changes today in the NFL. All of them are related to the Baltimore Ravens.

The 49ers has offered Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan their head coach opening and he has accepted. They are in negotiations on the contract.

The Ravens have named Jim Fassel their new Offensive Coordinator and former Washington coach Rick Neuheisel the new QB coach.

I'm surprised the 49ers found a new coach so fast. Now I wonder what they will do with the 1st pick in the draft.

Now that Matt Leinart isn't coming out of USC, I hope to God the 49ers trade down the pick and to get a bunch of help on the offensive and defensive line. Our linebackers and secondary are young but improving rapidly, injuries just hit too hard this season. But, we have zero pass rush and zero pass protection and running game.

We'll still be inline to get a good pick next season, which we could then use on a quarterback. Either that, or we trade down a few spots and draft Aaron Rogers from Cal and hopefully get another pick in the deal - which wouldn't be bad.

Hopefully with Nolan coming from Baltimore, we can stop trying to rely on the offense to do everything and we can finally get an above average defense. I'm thinking that's what the 49ers are going for, especially if they plan to stick with Tim Rattay/Ken Dorsey at QB.

And man, the Ravens are going to have a fantastic coaching staff. Neuheisel will be great for Kyle Boller.

solor. I think Rattay is capable, he just need a decent WR and Barlow to put all his effort. and of course protection.