Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse

Hello,

This will be my first review on Neowin, so please don't eat me alive.

Alright.

So, several years ago, when I was in grade 6, I was walking through futureshop, and I saw a nice mouse. It was blue. That was all I knew about that mouse, or about electronics for that matter. So I bought it and went home. It was a very nice mouse and whenever someone came over and used my computer, they said that they likes my mouse.

Then, in 2003, I bought a new computer and a new Logitech MX duo. Thus, my Blue mouse went into it's box into the baement for a while.

However, my mx700 started acting up on me, so I brought my old friend back upstairs and plugged it in. But now, the mouse isn't as nice as it seemed before. I guess I was spoiled by the mx700. The mouse was jumpy, and had erratic motion. So, I called my good friends at Microsoft, and after a few questions, they said that they are going to have to send me a new one.

A week later (today), I found a box sitting on my porch. At first, I thought it was my office 2003 sp1 disc, but after opening, I found the mouse in its cool red box.

The mouse is great, as is every hardware built by microsoft.

The installation was very good. I installed the software, which took less than a minute, and then I plugged in the mouse. Everything works.

The unit is very comfortable, and quite light. The batteries are cleverly placed in the bottom right side, as that is the part of your hand that doesn't move much. This mouse is featherweight without the batteries. But with batteries, it is like half the weight of the mx700.

The accuracy is not nearly as good as the mx700, but then again, this is a Value mouse. there is no lag though, which is good.

It also has a tilt wheel for side-to-side scrolling. I think this feature is great, and should be incorperated into other mice. The wheel is hard to press though. Nothing bad, but it should be noted. Also note that the wheel is 100% smooth. It feels nice, but I think that I would prefer one that clicks. The old one clicks very much, and I am suprised to see that they removed that feature.

Its very comfortable too, and looks very cool.

*Edit*

I just read on futureshop.ca that the retail for this mouse is $60?

This mouse is worth $29. Do not buy this mouse for full price!!

here are some pictures.

Edited by IK .:. 47