TivoToGo

Well, I finally got it. TivoToGo

It is pretty sweet. The transfers are slow as crap though. I am getting about 400kbps from a wired lan connection. Make a list and set it up to transfer overnight. ;)

Burning to dvd should be better though. You have to enter your password every time you play a file on your pc.

I think it is a brilliant idea. The rollout process is pretty lame. And it really could transfer faster... but it is off to a great start. After reading the Tivo forums and such it seems they are aware of the issues and will be fixing them in future releases.

If you have Tivo and have gotten the update please post your thoughts about the new feature here.

I :wub: TiVo

I wish Tivo was compatible with iO from cablevision but it's way too much of a pain to get set up since you need to use the box to get digital stations.

In response to your 400KB/s transfer speed, I have a ReplayTV and when I transfer shows from it to my computer, it goes about 1000KB/s at most, without anything else happening on the ReplayTV (that is, nothing is playing on the TV,) and about 400KB/s while something is playing. I just thought I'd mention it for a comparison, though it isn't a Tivo.

For another comparison, a Media Center PC with XP MCE takes 0 seconds to transfer the shows as they are recorded directly to the PC. You can burn with a number of applications, you can edit the files, you can share them on a network with other PC's and devices, you can convert them to other formats, you can put them on portable media center's from within media center with your remote, and more. Sorry, but IMO TiVo loses. :(

For another comparison, a Media Center PC with XP MCE takes 0 seconds to transfer the shows as they are recorded directly to the PC.  You can burn with a number of applications, you can edit the files, you can share them on a network with other PC's and devices, you can convert them to other formats, you can put them on portable media center's from within media center with your remote, and more.  Sorry, but IMO TiVo loses.  :(

585330142[/snapback]

It also lacks some of the non-PC functionality of the Tivo such a recommendations of new shows based on previous recordings.

It also lacks some of the non-PC functionality of the Tivo such a recommendations of new shows based on previous recordings.

585330149[/snapback]

True, you give a little you get a little based on the specific features.

man, how did you get the 7.1 upgrade so fast!?

585329986[/snapback]

i added myself to the priority list the night it was posted. amy told me yesterday it showed her the install message. sure enough. it works now.

btw, it *may* not work directly at first. i noticed mine would not find my tivo. turns out it may need 24 hours or so to really start working.

works a charm so far. cant wait to burn them to dvdr.

If you signed up the night of it being posted, that means I have at least another month before it reaches me (I signed up the day after).

@Toxikk, do you have the tivo basic, or did you pay for the extra features?

585370385[/snapback]

in the words of teen girl squad

"no, just regular type"