Question: anyone from Toronto still mad over trade

Sooo... after looking at Toronto's and New Jersey's current records (and streaks), is anyone in Toronto still mad that they got rid of all that dead weight dragging the team down?

the east is still very very close with more than half of the year remaining. a lot can happen in that time.

although, vince wasnt playing before they traded him was he? i still think it was a good trade.

carter is market material... and i know quite a few people that would buy his memrobilia if it wasnt purple... well, lets just say they have made some purchases now that the trade has happened.

he is still one of the elite players in the game and with a "TEAM" around him, it will show even more. once he gets settled into the offense and all that he should be the star of the team. well, one of them. kidd still owns.

although, vince wasnt playing before they traded him was he? i still think it was a good trade.

585352216[/snapback]

Vince appeared on the court but he wasn't really playing.

Eric Williams is currently listed as our top small forward but he's rated as "Cold" (and he has been for some time). Aaron Williams is our fourth Power Forward so he doesn't get much time. Alonzo Mourning won't play a game and it will likely cost Toronto $9 million to ensure that (contract buy out):

http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thest...thchart.cgi?Tor

If Toronto is doing well it's because of Chris Bosh, Mo Pete, Rafer Alston and Jalen Rose. The only good thing the NJ trade did was ensure that the opposition didn't learn our plays.

The only good thing? I disagree. Getting a disgruntled player like that out of town is always a good thing in my book. He's already said that he didn't give it his all when he played with the Raptors -- do you really want someone like that on your team?

no, but he also said he wanted players around him. i dunno, but i have not heard of them making any key pickups lately.

but i dont keep up with bball 100% during NFL season...

no, but he also said he wanted players around him. i dunno, but i have not heard of them making any key pickups lately.

585352601[/snapback]

The friction between Carter and Toronto began well before the season started when they hired their new coach. Toronto didn't look like they were building for a playoff run this year and it was probably a good move for Carter to find a new team.

Toronto's attendance record was around 12th in the league before the trade, I wonder what it will be like at the end of this season.

585352601[/snapback]

A few seasons ago, they did bring in the guys that Carter specifically ask for (Jerome "JYD" Williams for one) and it still didn't work. The team slipped and Carter got injured or chose not to bother. Who paid the price? Not Carter, the GM.

"Wince" Carter is a non-leader. The best of the best.

I'm not mad at the fact that Vince Carter is gone!! I mean, don't get me wrong but Vince was a great player in Toronto and he did actually popularized the sport of basketball here in Toronto but things just got sour with him after awhile. I think Grunwald spoiled him wayy too much by giving him the special treatment and he got everything he could have asked for. I think he's too overated now and can never really reach the status of superstardom as a Micheal Jordan or a Shaq or even a Kobe Bryant. Although Toronto, didn't get much in return for him, things wouldn't have gotten any better if we kept him here. Even New Jersey isn't all that great with him but he is playing better! Still it doesn't take one person to win games, it takes the whole team!

I think Toronto should trade Jalen (and his fat contract) while he's still marketable for some decent young players that could play with Chris Bosh. If they do this, then Toronto will for sure come out as a strong contenter in the future and for sure Toronto got the better deal out of this trade!! Well i guess ish all jus wishful thinking on my behalf but yah never know :D

What's the market like for a 31 year old that isn't a reliable starter? Oh, did I mention that he's also the 16th highest paid player in the NBA?

If any team wanted to take his salary and offer youth in return then I'm sure we'd see it happen.