[NFL] Snoop Wants To Coach Steelers...?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3351606

Rapper Snoop Dogg is dreaming of the NFL, and Steelers coach Bill Cowher better watch out.

"My dream is to coach in the NFL, probably for the Steelers," the rapper revealed to the New York Daily News. "Put that out there for me."

Snoop Dogg does have some experience in coaching football, albeit for his 10-year-old son's football team. The rapper has also partnered up with Juba Entertainment to put on the Snooper Bowl, a football game and charity concert in Jacksonville on Feb. 5. The contest will be between his son's team and an all-star team from Florida.

"Football has a lot to do with life," Snoop said. "You got to learn how to take your losses. You gotta look out for the team like they look out for you."

Snoop denied that his tactics ? he reportedly deploys members of his posse to videotape rivals' games for analysis ? are too competitive for such young players.

"It's completely legal," he said. "We definitely scout to know what we're up against.&quoIf the rapper doesn't get the Pittsburgh job, he has another option, "If I wanted to, if I trained, I could be an NFL wide receiver," he said. "'Cause I have the ability to get open."

A few months ago, Snoop also paid a visit to the USC Trojans football team, running drills with both the offense and defense.

First, Master P invades the NBA with his proclaimed basketball superstar ability, now this. Anybody reminded of the scene in "The Last Boyscout" when the running back started shooting the defense on his way to the endzone? I can see it now...

ha, well in spite of what I think, the guy has accomplished a lot. The man is one of, if not, the most successful rapper ever, he has been in 20+ movies, including some huge hits like Starsky and Hutch, and he is just a cool acting guy. Sure, he is a little weird, but he has fun even if it is at his own expense sometimes. Also, everyone in Hollywood knows who he is now as well. And come on, we all like the 'Drop it like it's hot"

he has been in 20+ movies, including some huge hits like Starsky and Hutch...

585361281[/snapback]

You lost me at that point in your post.

It makes perfect sense, he coaches a pee-wee team so it is only logical that he has the experience to coach the Pittsburg Steelers. :rolleyes:

ha, well in spite of what I think, the guy has accomplished a lot.  The man is one of, if not, the most successful rapper ever, he has been in 20+ movies, including some huge hits like Starsky and Hutch, and he is just a cool acting guy.  Sure, he is a little weird, but he has fun even if it is at his own expense sometimes.  Also, everyone in Hollywood knows who he is now as well.  And come on, we all like the 'Drop it like it's hot"

585361281[/snapback]

I'm still reading through your post, and have yet to find a football reference. This is for Coaching a pro football team, not poorly acting in a b-level movie.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3351606

:rolleyes:

First, Master P invades the NBA with his proclaimed basketball superstar ability, now this. Anybody reminded of the scene in "The Last Boyscout" when the running back started shooting the defense on his way to the endzone? I can see it now...

585360414[/snapback]

well Master P was a really good college ball player, they even say he could have gone to the NBA but he went with music..and well either way $$$ for him.

I think playing would be more of an option. At least it's something he's used to.... running from men in uniform. lol

585364074[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh:

if he owned the team, and i'm sure he could afford it, couldn't he just make himself coach?

585365544[/snapback]

I'm not going to pretend I know the inner workings of pro football, but it seems like there'd be somebody somewhere with the ability to put the kibosh on you if you were running the team into the ground, which would happen.