Star Wars vs. Star Trek

114 members have voted

1. 1. Star Wars vs. Star Trek

• Star Trek
    • Star Wars
    • Both
    • They Both Suck!

The two most profitable science fiction stories in history, which one do you like better?

I personally like them both quite equally, though Star Trek has 9 movies and 5 tv series, they're just movies. Star Wars movies are not just movies, they are an experience.

Lots of the Star Wars on the big screen is completely different from Lucas's original ideas, (example, Luke Skywalker was originally a girl) and most of the cool eye candy is a lot different from Lucas's original ideas/art. Star Trek is cool cause it's about us humans, but I think its a very arrogant view of ourselves though. They each have their strenghts and weaknesses. But if there was ever a battle Star trek would win cause Starwars only has lasers, which wouldn't scratch shields in star trek.... anyways.. yeah.

Originally posted by -outcast-

Lots of the Star Wars on the big screen is completely different from Lucas's original ideas, (example, Luke Skywalker was originally a girl) and most of the cool eye candy is a lot different from Lucas's original ideas/art. Star Trek is cool cause it's about us humans, but I think its a very arrogant view of ourselves though. They each have their strenghts and weaknesses. But if there was ever a battle Star trek would win cause Starwars only has lasers, which wouldn't scratch shields in star trek.... anyways.. yeah.

I recall the Death Star having a force field around it. Plus, it can destroy entire planets. Sure it's a laser, but it's extremely powerful.

The only thing Star Trek has that could be tough to beat is the planet Genesis, the experimental planet where life was regenerated. However, Star Wars could rival that with clones. But it doesn't matter... because everything is insignificant next to the powers of the force... and Yoda!

I used to like Star Trek before, but now since I watch all Star Wars original trilogy I started to like Star Wars. My love for Star Wars even greater when TPM released back in 1999. And Attack Of The Clones...yeah the best Star Wars since ESB :D

star wars might be set out in space yet I don't know why but I consider it more sci-fi fantasy than actual sci fi. Stat Trek is just annoying as it has gone one for far too long.

Originally posted by sp00nman

I recall the Death Star having a force field around it. Plus, it can destroy entire planets. Sure it's a laser, but it's extremely powerful.

The only thing Star Trek has that could be tough to beat is the planet Genesis, the experimental planet where life was regenerated. However, Star Wars could rival that with clones. But it doesn't matter... because everything is insignificant next to the powers of the force... and Yoda!

lol. i can't belive i'm actually talking about this but.... The U.S.S. Voyager had a torpedo in the episode called "Omega" that was capable of destroying a small planet. And in the epsiode Scorpio... the race known as Species 8472 destroyed a planet as well.

lol - voyagers transphasic torpedos from the final episode could have probably did some major damage as well.

ok... [disengaging trekie mode] :D

Yeah I use to be down with Star Trek but compared to Star Wars these days Star Trek sucks chocolate salty balls.

Originally posted by Budious

If you've never seen this ST vs SW site... http://h4h.com/louis/vsfaq.html ... someone has too much free-time...

That site is the biggest load of Bollucks I've seen in my life. I say this, because the guy actually believes he is doing us a service.

Babylon 5 I liked best(not the spin offs because I haven't seen em)

Because when I was little, 8ish, I started watching Star Trek, they go to a planet, red guy dies, always win and everyone ends up happily ever after.

Watching Babylon 5, I saw something which Star Trek lacks, a story arc, where u learn something new about each character as the series progresses, in Star Trek they mostly stay the same from beginning to end.

Star Wars by far. Jedi knights, The Empire, smugglers...it's just a 'dirtier' universe in a constant state of war.

The Federation is all nice and loveable and soft, always lucking out a hard spot. Seriously, if you ever remember even half the series, if all the technology the crews of the Enterprise have come up with (Psychokinetic drugs, time travel, etc...) The Federation should be Godlike (lets warp back in time in our cloaked Transwarp battle cruisers and use our psychokinetic powers to launch fleets of Genisis missles at our enemies.)

Instead their a bunch of hippies flying through space, all introspective and moody...blah.

Give me a good Dark Lord anyday!

Originally posted by Z3r0

Babylon 5 I liked best(not the spin offs because I haven't seen em)

Because when I was little, 8ish, I started watching Star Trek, they go to a planet, red guy dies, always win and everyone ends up happily ever after.

Watching Babylon 5, I saw something which Star Trek lacks, a story arc, where u learn something new about each character as the series progresses, in Star Trek they mostly stay the same from beginning to end.

not exactly true, but yes. babylon 5 was envisioned as one grand SAGA. all episodes mean something for the total story. with star trek each episode is more or less independent.

if you talking about destruction power then i think Babylon 5 would win hands down.

Just look at Star Wars characters vs. Star Trek characters. Star Wars completely dominates!

Spock vs. Yoda: Yeah, the pointy-eared elf-like Vulcan can do some serious mind melting, but Yoda could definitely pick him up with the force and throw him around. Then Yoda would chop him up with a lightsaber!

Borg vs. Clones: A bunch of central-controlled robots vs. millions of genetically cloned Jango Fetts... Hmm... DEFINITELY the Clones!

Skywalker vs. Kirk: Ok, Kirk wins this one because he has cool sideburns and Luke is a whimp.

Han Solo vs. Any Enterprise Crew member: Solo rules! He can pilot a ship, shoot people down, and his arrogance makes him lovable. Definitely Han.

R2D2/C3PO vs. Data/Scotty: Hm... Lets see. Tough matchup here, but Data gets annoying from time to time and R2D2 alone could kick his a**. Scotty is included in this battle because he's a whiz at computers. I think this one would be a tie.

Then you have guys like Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi... I mean come on, it's obvious that Star Wars has much better characters. The only cool characters in Star Trek are Spock, Kirk, Scotty, the Borg, and a few others... Star Wars has Yoda, Lea in a hot slave outfit, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, R2D2, Han Solo, C3PO, and the list goes on!

But then again, Star Wars has Jar Jar which throws the whole thing off. :)

And how many Federation ships would they have to throw against a single Super Star Destroyer? Not to mention the Federation has no short range fighters...I'd like to see a Constitution class ship defend itself against an X-Wing and/ or Tie assualt...not going to happen.

The whole Kirk/ Luke match up is bogus anyway...let's get a real match up...Vader/ vs. Kirk. Vader would raise his gauntlet and you'd have about a min. of Kirk overacting the choking scene as he's strangled from across the room "Can't....get....air....oh...my....*"

Babylon5 is great...made it my mission to watch the series continuosly from start to finish when Sci Fi got ahold of it. Wow. A show with an actual plot.

I'd like to see the Farscape universe thrown into the mix. You've got some good firepower going on there...I think a Scorpius/ Vader match up would be worth it's own series...two black clad superior bad guys each after the other, backed by massive military empires. Fun for the whole family.