Russia's super power - Safin

Marat Safin last night shattered Lleyton Hewitt's centenary Australian Open dream with an astonishing victory at Melbourne Park. :cool:

Really happy with this, even though I am Australian I dislike Hewitt - a LOT.

He has no style, acts like a spoiled brat on the court, downright rude and so up himself it's not funny.

Congratulations Safin on a great win.

Hewitt - get anger management.

FOX Sports

^ lol .. yeah... i like/admire hewitts tenacity but .. he totally needs to pipe it down a bit.... at one point in match.. safin shot was called in by the chair umpire .... hewitt shouted back at the umpire "YOU IDIOT... WHAT DID U DO?"

BTW ... the way safin took fedarrer out ... he deserved to win... also he played awesome tennis and looked stronger of two.. i remember safin just wiping off sampras in one usa open final and sampras was just in awe cause no one did that to him...

safin ... aussie grand slam 2005 champion :yes:

^ lol .. yeah... i like/admire hewitts tenacity but ..  he totally needs to pipe it down a bit....  at one point in match.. safin shot was called in by the chair umpire .... hewitt shouted back at the umpire "YOU IDIOT... WHAT DID U DO?"

BTW ... the way safin took fedarrer out ... he deserved to win... also he played awesome tennis and looked stronger of two.. i remember safin just wiping off sampras in one usa open final and sampras was just in awe cause no one did that to him...

safin ... aussie grand slam 2005 champion :yes:

585385494[/snapback]

I like tenacity too, I liked to watch McEnroe play. But somehow he was rude but funny. Hewitt is rude and nasty.

His gestures, what is that all about? ROTFL :huh:

That was a great match, I was really shocked when he beat Federer and now Hewitt. Its nice to see new champions even though I wanted Federer to win them all.

Top 4 at present is Federer, Roddick, Hewitt and Safin - not a bad set of players and good for tennis

COME ONNN [pointing at head]

yeah, hewitt got ****ed at about 3 calls last night, and he was wrong on all of them. did you see him point in the face of the linesperson that called a foot fault on him? he's such a prick man.

congrats to safin, when his head is on right, he can be unstoppable, and although he doesn't have much finesse, he can overpower anyone.

did you catch the trophy presentation? safin was really funny, making lots of jokes. he seems like a crazy/funny guy, and wow, what a hot girlfriend.

I was watching the match live till 7 am, it was a great tennis match. Safin could go all the way, he just needs to try a concentrate more and avoid force errors, it killed him at the first set. Go 1_rus.gif

BTW: ^^^ All Russian girls hot like that ;)