Neowin is an integral part of my life.

Hi, this is my first topic-starter.

I'm a long term lurker here going back to the days of whistler, but very rarely post, and only became a member recently.

My job is a PC tech, and I dedicate at least an hour of every day to reading Neowin. I don't think I?ve missed one topic on the front page news in about a year. Its helped my immensely with things like the msblast virus outbreak, sp2 going rtm, and in general all things technical.

As such, Neowin has become a lifestyle. There's no website as updated, diverse and unbiased.

If I have one complaint, it would be that there are too many people posting information based on their own opinion or experience that is inaccurate. I feel that if i don't know what i'm talking about 100% for a fact then I?d rather not post - but learn from others.

Neowin can be an excellent tool to learn just about anything, from Circumcision to DRM.

I'm hooked.

Thanks Neowin, without you the Internet would be a bleak place.

I agree, I was a lurker for a long time before I signed up but then I just couldnt resist. And now look.. lol

If it wasnt for neowin, I'd be pretty damn clueless on the technology front. Thanks neowin! =D

I agree to the fact that a lot of people at neowin post even if they dont have a solution or answer to a question. Most of the time, I wonder if people actually wanna help or put more stars next to their names.

But it is true, Neowin rocks and there is no substitute. I wish some of the members in question can stop being STAR hungry and actually help.

I feel the same exact way... There are so many things that I have learned from Neowin that the last couple of years of my life probably would have gone much different if I'd never found this place. It's amazing to think so...

... i was a lurker for about 8 months before i joined lol

:)

585409785[/snapback]

Really? You waited 8 months :blink: I joined the day I found it, then stopped coming for a few months and realized I can't live without Neowin :laugh:

Hi, this is my first topic-starter.

I'm a long term lurker here going back to the days of whistler, but very rarely post, and only became a member recently.

My job is a PC tech, and I dedicate at least an hour of every day to reading Neowin. I don't think I?ve missed one topic on the front page news in about a year. Its helped my immensely with things like the msblast virus outbreak, sp2 going rtm, and in general all things technical.

As such, Neowin has become a lifestyle. There's no website as updated, diverse and unbiased.

If I have one complaint, it would be that there are too many people posting information based on their own opinion or experience that is inaccurate. I feel that if i don't know what i'm talking about 100% for a fact then I?d rather not post - but learn from others.

Neowin can be an excellent tool to learn just about anything, from Circumcision to DRM.

I'm hooked.

Thanks Neowin, without you the Internet would be a bleak place.

585387259[/snapback]

I wont welcome you like the rest, as you have been a member longer than me. I don't agree with your complaint, because if people didn't have opinions or didn't post about their experiences, there would not be half as many post on this site.

People post what has happened to them in case it can help anyone else.

I see you have 54 Posts: Joined: 3-May 2004 So you are not exactly new here, but hi there anyway. Nice first topic starter. :cool: