[Poll]U.K.

Right or Wrong!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Right or Wrong!

• Right?
    • Wrong?
    • Dunno!

The U.K. or I should say 'A think Tank', lol at that phrase, are considering giving us a choice on what we spend our taxes on.

You will be given a tic box, where you can say what you want your taxes to go on, such as education, asylum, welfare, money going to Africa, etc...

So you can have the amounts deducted each year.

So check if you think it it right or wrong.

Add in your feeling also.

Thanks.

It'd never work.? Thats why we elect people to promise how they will spend this (and then go do the opposite).

585388412[/snapback]

They're talking about it on Talk Sport right now, that's why I thought of a poll.

Politicians should get a proper job.:wacko::

Source?

This has a cat in hell's chance of happening, at least under this government. The word used to describe it is 'hypothecation'. There was talk of adding a penny to tax and using it to fund the NHS a few years ago but the Chancellor is very against this kind of idea. He's probably right, although I think that if people want to donate a percentage of their income to charity it'd be good if the government could make it easier - eg by a tick box as you describe, but in this case it would be an additional charge.

Wrong.

I don't trust the British public - we are all a bunch of morons. We would spend it on all sorts of rubbish if the public chose.

BAD idea!!!

Wrong.

I don't trust the British public - we are all a bunch of morons.  We would spend it on all sorts of rubbish if the public chose.

BAD idea!!!

585388940[/snapback]

You maybe a Moron, I am not. I see it as a good idea, why should my taxes go on asylum seekers, unemployed, bombing Iraq or paying for other than my own children's education.

At a really REALLY basic level it is a good idea. But in practise it would be unmanageable. The populace ARE morons, and it would never work.

If you actually looked at what % of your tax goes to "assylum seekers" you'd be suprised.

Although I think we should have more referendum about issues such as Iraq.

Healthcare when your children are ill.

Theres lots of things tax goes towards, I agree alot of it we could do without (asylum seeking scum).

Unemployed, a bit harsh, but I've been unemployed and was never my fault. Though there are wasters who are unemployed.

This idea though, would never work.

Wrong.

I don't trust the British public - we are all a bunch of morons.  We would spend it on all sorts of rubbish if the public chose.

BAD idea!!!

585388940[/snapback]

Too be fair leesmith, he's right. The general public have no idea what it takes to run a country, not saying i do either, but as someone who takes a much keener interest in the economy than most and studies the law you realise that alot of these things the red top papers, talk shows, etc object too are essential.

If the general public decided all money would go to health, pensions and education!

You maybe a Moron, I am not. I see it as a good idea, why should my taxes go on asylum seekers, unemployed, bombing Iraq or paying for other than my own children's education.

Too be fair leesmith, he's right. The general public have no idea what it takes to run a country, not saying i do either, but as someone who takes a much keener interest in the economy than most and studies the law you realise that alot of these things the red top papers, talk shows, etc object too are essential.

If the general public decided all money would go to health, pensions and education!

585388988[/snapback]

This is exactly my point. The public have no idea of the subtleties of what 'tax' needs to go towards. This includes you. There are so many things which tax pays for that people have no idea about, and therefore would not give any money to. How do you think the government pays for anything?

Now you might not want to pay for asylum seekers. Good for you - go vote BMP. Now I believe asylum seekers can be key to our economy, in fact certainly they are. There are actually more people leaving the country every year than coming into it, so population isn't an issue. These people generally come in and work hard, doing low-end work to make a living. What other reason could there be for not accepting them? If you believe the Sun or The Daily Mail (both useless magazines) then they would say asylum seekers eat up our money, and the governement pays them to slum around. This is utter rubbish.

As for paying for 'other kids' tuition, this is rubbish too. You pay for your own kids tuition and for the facilities including teachers and school for them. Other parents do the same. Who is missing out on paying? No one. If you were going to pay JUST for your kid, then it would be a hell of a lot more expencive than sharing the cost with everyone else. You would, for example, have to go private and that costs thousands a year.

Edited by farsightxc2

Here here farsightxc2!

See, the populace are only informed by the trash newspapers they read (Sun?), which highlight and distort the minor occurences of the system being played. The number of asylum seekers entering the UK is dropping each year. More people leave than enter. They tend to be happier as they accept the lower-wage jobs.

The above are facts, but the Sun will have you believe we give them a bentley and a posh apartment.

I don't read national newspapers. I don't know who the 'BMP' is either, if this si a subtle remark making out I should vote for the 'BNP' you're making stupid remarks.

I started a poll and added what I heard from remarks from callers to talk Sport.

As for childrens education you're incorrect also. This comes from community charge, you pay for the education system in your area if you have children or not.

My children are educated privately, out of choice as the Schools in my area are badly run, they do not cater for my Son that has a learning disability so I have to pay out of my own pocket. The government closed all these Schools which were state, forced mainstream Schools to take them. they don't have the time or resources to cater for his needs.

I added the welfare part as I get sick of seeing fit males, Fathering children they can't support. I have a few in my area that should be doing a hard days graft, instead they dress like chavs and have upto 5 kids, 1 has 11 kids.

You cannot run a country based on just your own experience.

Also, talkSPORT is almost as bad as tabloid newspapers in terms of reliable argument. I do listen to a lot of talkSPORT but I know most of the things callers say need to be taken with a heafty pinch of salt. The views of the majority of the presenters are almost as bad at times - just listen to some of Mike Dicken (I think thats his name)'s more extreme points. Its that kind of rubbish that people take at face value and thing are actually viable ways of doing things. This is not the case and most of it is just ad-hock mumbo-jumbo with no place in the 'real world'.

Back to the poll question:

It would not work as a means to govern tax.

Whatever your reasoning or opinion, it could never (and will never) be put into action by any Government. The general British public do not know enough about how the tax system works, and even if they did they would still choose to put all their money into national education and health and underfund in other important areas such as transport and national security.

However, in support of your child, there really should be more schools and facilities for children with learning difficulties, such as your son. This the Government should deal with, and use our tax to do so.

One thing is for sure, however. If your proposed system did come into effect, the money raised through tax only by the people with children with learning disabilities would not be enough to pay for their extra tuition they require. People who did not have kids with learning disabilities would think the same way as you do now: 'I am not paying for another kids learning' and so you would be in the same predicament you are now - not enough funding for your child.

As for the comment about the BNP - it was a typo. It happens sometimes ;)

What happens if someone decides they don't like the UK anymore?

What if we end up going to war because some country wants to play?

What happens when we find out some idiots from all places north wanted to spend the money on a train that arrives 10 seconds earlier and leaves 30 seconds later.

The government knows what we want it spent on. They just seem to think playing nice with the Americans is more important....

This doesn't mean I wouldn't like a train that arrives earlier....gets me in the warmth quicker. And I use trains daily. Sure I believe in public spending, Transport, NHS education and all that jazz, but I believe we should have funds left for things like defending our country. (NOTE TO BLAIR: I said OUR country, not a country half way across the world).

British Money is for British People. We earn is ourselves, We spend it ourselves. Go build your own dam crater in your own dam country.

EDIT: Sorry if that came across as...a word I can't think of. Its a topic I feel strongly about.

Edited by R002092