recording sky digital on VCR

ok, got so far as to get picture, but it won;t record sound on any channel including terrestrial, what am I doing wrong, I have followed the sky digibox instructions, but they didn't help

you can do it one of two ways. I will describe the easiest. The output coaxial wire, from your cable box, you will put into the "Ant in" on the back of your VCR. Then, from there, you run another wire from the "tv" out on the VCR to the back of your TV. To record, you have to set your VCR to record off of channel 3 or 4 (whichever one is unused in your area) and then manually tune your cable box into the station you want to record and leave it there.

If they have some special means of doing this process, I don't know, but that's the easiest way to go about doing it. There are other ways, including using the RCA wires or a splitter and AB switch, but I won't go nuts here.

you can do it one of two ways. I will describe the easiest. The output coaxial wire, from your cable box, you will put into the "Ant in" on the back of your VCR. Then, from there, you run another wire from the "tv" out on the VCR to the back of your TV. To record, you have to set your VCR to record off of channel 3 or 4 (whichever one is unused in your area) and then manually tune your cable box into the station you want to record and leave it there.

If they have some special means of doing this process, I don't know, but that's the easiest way to go about doing it. There are other ways, including using the RCA wires or a splitter and AB switch, but I won't go nuts here.

585391193[/snapback]

i really don't think my setup is that complex. remember, this is sky digital, not cable, and it's in the uk!

i've got everything connected the following way:

TV to Sat

TV to VCR

Sat to VCR

then you need to tune sky into channel 6 or whatever, and when you want to record, send the vcr to channel six.

maybe the sound issue is something to do with scart not being plugged in correctly. this often happens with scart.

i really don't think my setup is that complex. remember, this is sky digital, not cable, and it's in the uk!

i've got everything connected the following way:

TV to Sat

TV to VCR

Sat to VCR

then you need to tune sky into channel 6 or whatever, and when you want to record, send the vcr to channel six.

maybe the sound issue is something to do with scart not being plugged in correctly. this often happens with scart.

585391397[/snapback]

complex? It's two wires and nothing more. What ae you talking about? It's a standard means of connecting everything.

complex? It's two wires and nothing more. What ae you talking about? It's a standard means of connecting everything.

585391500[/snapback]

oh right, well maybe i was just confused with all the words.

but basically, sky digital works on scart sockets. that's the only way (i think) of being able to record it.

you can't actually connect the co-axial to the tv, because there needs to be a co-axial from the tv to the terrestrial arial.

a cable runs from the minidish to the sky digibox. to view anything on the sky digibox, you have to use scart (as far as i know). and to record, moreso, because there are two scart sockets.