Toronto: Skydome renamed to "Rogers Centre"

splash_pic_topleft.jpg

ROGERS & TORONTO BLUE JAYS ANNOUNCE ROGERS CENTRE

Wednesday February 02, 2005

TORONTO (February 2, 2005) Rogers Communications Inc. (RCI) and the Toronto Blue Jays are making a commitment to enhance the fan experience through an increased player payroll and dramatic improvements to the newly named Rogers Centre.

Ted Rogers, President and CEO, Rogers Communications Inc. announced that Rogers will significantly increase the team payroll of the Toronto Blue Jays. Rogers is committed to a cumulative three year total player payroll of US $210 million. "We're thrilled to show our support for the team and management", said Ted Rogers. "The Jays today are an even more important part of the Canadian sports landscape. The Blue Jays management has demonstrated their financial responsibility over the last four years and significantly turned around the finances of the club. These additional funds, and the three year commitment, will provide JP Ricciardi and Paul Godfrey the ability to build upon the system that they've started."

The Blue Jays will erect a new state of the art, integrated scoring and display system replacing the Jumbotron. The video display system will feature an improved main screen which is the same size that fans are accustomed to. It will also include two colour display screens on the outfield wall - each 10' x 65', colour display screens along the facing of the 300 level, extending 435' from either side of the main screen, and monochrome boards to display pitch count, pitch speed and pitch type.

The Rogers Centre will also feature a new playing surface for the 2005 season that will enhance the game and fan experience. The turf is designed to give the feel of real grass while allowing the Rogers Centre to remain a multi purpose facility.

"Our goal is to deliver a first class product, service and experience to everyone that visits the Rogers Centre" stated Paul Godfrey, President and CEO, Toronto Blue Jays. "These are the first of many improvements we plan to embark upon to attract and maintain our fan base."

Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI; NYSE: RG) is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in three primary lines of business. Rogers Wireless is Canada's largest wireless voice and data communications services provider and the country's only carrier operating on the world standard GSM/GPRS technology platform; Rogers Cable is Canada's largest cable television provider offering cable television, high-speed Internet access and video retailing; and Rogers Media is Canada's premier collection of category leading media assets with businesses in radio, television broadcasting, televised shopping, publishing and sport entertainment. For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit www.rogers.com.

Caution Regarding Forward Looking Statements:

This document includes forward-looking statements concerning the future performance of our business, its operations and its financial performance and condition. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to our objectives, and strategies to achieve those objectives, as well as statements with respect to our beliefs, plans, expectations, anticipations, estimates or intentions. When used in this document, the words "believe", "anticipate", "intend", "estimate", "expect", "project" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain such words. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations. We caution that all forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially from the assumptions, estimates or expectations reflected or contained in the forward-looking information, and that actual future performance will be affected by a number of factors, including economic conditions, technological change, regulatory change and competitive factors, many of which are beyond our control. Therefore, future events and results may vary significantly from what we currently foresee. We are under no obligation (and we expressly disclaim any such obligation) to update or alter the forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. For a more detailed discussion of factors that may affect actual results, see the Risks and Uncertainties discussions in our 2003 Annual MD&A, in our 2004 quarterly interim financial reports, and in our other recent securities filings.

For additional information, please contact:

Jan Innes

Vice President, Communications

Rogers Communications Inc.

Jay Stenhouse

Director Communications

Toronto Blue Jays

News source : Rogers Centre ( Formally Known as : Sky Dome )

Bleh... they should come up with actual NAMES, not just Company Name Sports Place :no:. Keeping the name would be even better, as everyone knows it. Oh well, I'll keep calling it the Skydome, so will everyone else, I hope.:/

I personally don't like it. :crazy: Rogers thinks they control the world and think everything revolves around their stupid monopoly. I think Rogers shouldn't have changed the name, but, unfortunately, the one who owns it decides. To me it will always be known as SkyDome.

Edited by tripleXit

Any Torontonians in here? What do you guys think of the recent name change of SkyDome?

I personally don't like it.  :crazy:  Rogers thinks they control the world and think everything revolves around their stupid monopoly. I think Rogers shouldn't have changed the name, but, unfortunately, the one who owns it decides. To me it will always be known as SkyDome.

585411088[/snapback]

Well, its not the best name but it could have been worst. Might have been the Teddy Rogers Center or something else. Meh, let them name it what they want. The people who really care about it, will continue to call it the Sky dome.

Edit: As much as most people hate the name *And I do to* I think you should look the bright side - at least they are upgrading the facility with some much needed improvments.

Dislike the name, dislike Rogers. They own the Jays, the building, the whole shebang...

It'll always be the SkyDome to me.... the CN Tower and SkyDome (Y), CN Tower and Rogers Centre (N)(N)(N)