Optimize 2000 - A Windows 2000 Optimization Guide

Optimize 2000 - A Windows 2000 Optimization Guide

Clean Spyware and Viruses + Optimize Windows 2000 to improve both work and gaming performance safely. Windows 2000's default configuration is far from optimized. This guide will help you improve your overall system performance. I avoid using or recommending "all-in-one" Windows 2000 Tweak programs since many blindly adjust settings that have no affect on performance and can cause future problems.

• 1 month later...

This is a really great guide, up until step3 I was like what a noobish guide, telling people to install antivirus and spyware removal tools. However, After about Step 5 some of the stuff is really useful, even for advanced users.

Also I recently switched my desktop back to 2000 from XP, imho my year old XP installation was simply using too much ram, with 2000 i can turn everything off and have 400mbs free and run HL2 with every setting on highest.

This is a really great guide, up until step3 I was like what a noobish guide, telling people to install antivirus and spyware removal tools.  However, After about Step 5 some of the stuff is really useful, even for advanced users.

Also I recently switched my desktop back to 2000 from XP, imho my year old XP installation was simply using too much ram, with 2000 i can turn everything off and have 400mbs free and run HL2 with every setting on highest.

585659082[/snapback]

i have xp on an older compaq presario 1235 and it runs xp and i have like 60-80 ram left outta 160 and it's good enuf,2000 won't install under it and i refuse to use win9x on it anymore.yeah i know it's a 6 year old model n i only had it since september 19th of last year.

i have xp on an older compaq presario 1235 and it runs xp and i have like 60-80 ram left outta 160 and it's good enuf,2000 won't install under it and i refuse to use win9x on it anymore.yeah i know it's a 6 year old model n i only had it since september 19th of last year.

585659564[/snapback]

I have no problems running XP, however some programs like Half-Life 2 demo with all the setting cranked up uses 2-300 mbs by itself which pushes into my page file and becomes extremely slow.