Dual Monitors and Windows Media Player

I just put up a dual monitor set up. Whenever I play something in Windows media Player or RealPlayer, the file I'm watching plays in full screen on the second monitor.

How do I disable this?

you can use UltraMon, which alot of us use. i think its such a great tool to have if running dual monitor :) you can do pretty much anything... even separate wall papers. try it out, google if your interested

if you have an nvidia graphics card there is an option in the control panel for this.

I agree with the above though, ultramon rocks for multi monitor setups

• 3 years later...
if you have an nvidia graphics card there is an option in the control panel for this.

I agree with the above though, ultramon rocks for multi monitor setups

Hi castor_troyuk,

I am having this very same problem and I've installed UltraMon. While it looks UltraNifty, I can't find where settings would be to disable the full-screenness of video players on my secondary monitor. I also have an nVidia adapter... where would I find the control panel option(s) to change this behavior?

Thank you,

WildB

Guys, whichever monitor you want it to play on, make sure monitor you want it on it the Primary monitor if you right click on desktop, go to Properties>Settings, then select the Primary. Although some players do fullscreen depending which side it's on.

• 1 year later...

Ultramon sounds fun!! ^^ However, I was forced to make an account here from a lack of answers! Although this is only good if you have an Nvidia display. Open the device panel, and disable the "full screen device" setting.(possibly found in the full screen video rollout/tab/thingy) Other cards probably have a similar setting if they cause this problem??