DG834G v2

This is a great product and definetly a good buy for anyone who wants style without loosing quality. From the moment it came out of the box it was working within 5 minutes. Let me guarantee you there is no exaggeration there. Just type in your ISP username and password and you are away. Good SPI true firewall, with no problems when hosting games, blocked sites with keyword AND/OR domain blocking, no problems with a dropped connection(which i read was a problem elsewhere), great feature is auto-uplink which means it doesn't matter which cable you use to connect it to any piece of network equipment, fitted in to my network perfectly all i had to do was connect it to my existing hub and all computers were connected. Netgear support were fantastic when called upon, an email response within 24hours. Not had a chance to test wireless capability yet but I'm sure it will work well if it is works half as well as the rest of this product (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) :)

Marky

I have the DG834 - Exact same router using the same firmware except no wireless functionality... I totally agree excellent product.

- Looks good

- Secure

- Content filtering

- Dos protection

- Wont respond to pings

Very easy to use interface, quickly set up port forwarding and you dont have to reboot the router to apply settings :)

Mine has held the same connection for months on end, I've had the same IP address for about 6 months and my ISP uses dynamic IP :)

this is really good to know. i'm planning on getting a router soon, with cat 5 through the walls whilst i have the chance (we're re-wiring everything).

thanks for those comforting reviews.

yep its a fantastic peice of kit- had the v1 for over 1.5years- not had a single router crash or problems/issues with it- totally solid.

and its very easy to configure- your protected from the internet "hackers" from the box which is fantastic.