Acer AL1912

This is just going to be a little mini review to let everyone know about a good Acer 19 inch LCD that retails for $305 ($311 with shipping).

The following is from the newegg website

Panel Type: TFT Active Matrix LCD

Native Resolution: SXGA 1280 x 1024

Pixel Pitch: 0.294 mm

Brightness: 250 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio: 500:1

Response Time: 16 ms

View Angle: 140 (Vertical)

Input Connectors: 15 pin D-SUB

Dimensions & Weight: 16.6" x 17.1" x 6.9" (W x H x D), 12.1 lbs

Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years warranty

Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more DEAD PIXELS ONLY!

The monitor is really easy to setup, just plug the power cord in , and screw the VGA cable into it and plug it into the back of the computer. On the LCD there is no DVI in just standard VGA.. so if DVI is important to you then this is not the monitor for you. For those who want a great picture and a sexy looking monitor at a good price, then keep reading.

Its really kind of funny, you think your 19 inch CRT looks just fantastic and it probably does until you get an LCD. I went from a refresh rate of 60 (AH my eyes) ?to 85 (ahhh much better) ?.and then I couldn?t notice the refresh rate at all on my CRT?. That is until I bought the LCD and turned it on and looked at it for more than a min I then turned my head to look at the CRT next to it, it is then back to ?AHHH my eyes?.

The Monitor has a great picture and comes in at 12 lbs. Also had no dead pixels

If I were to have a con about this monitor it would be its ?Auto Adjustments? on games. Once the monitor switches resolution it tries to detect the new picture and center it accordingly. For the most part it does a pretty good job, although sometimes it screws it up is when the first graphic after the resolution change is a logo that doesn?t fill the screen. Then all off the sudden you have the top of the screen coming up the bottom. It is easily correctable, once the game menu comes up which fills the entire screen, just press the far left button (Auto Adjust) and it centers the game perfectly.

Other than that I really like the monitor?. for the rest of this post I?ll just post images for you guys to look at. So for anyone looking for a cheap 19inch LCD ?its not a bad choice.

top.JPG

back.JPG

lcdhalf.JPG

options.JPG

farload.JPG

dual.JPG

lcdwaterfall.JPG

Acer AL19212

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-009-022&DEPA=0

Edited by warwagon

Looks good, I have my heart set on getting a 2005FPW, but that's if they can ever get them straightened out.

Maybe I could just get this instead, it won't be as big and awesome but it would get the job done.

ok well as it turns out the CRT doesn't look AS bad as it did before

because for some resaon the refresh rate got switced to 60 (oops my bad) ...so it looks alittle better now