foobar200 accessing the CDDB database

Question

At the moment, when I insert an Audio CD, it doesn't go online and find the track titles etc.

Any idea what's wrong?

post-645-1107977324.gif

5 answers to this question

you need to select the tracks and right click 'em -> freeDB and then tag the files... :p

585440998[/snapback]

Winamp and Windows Media Player are automatic :|

Outrageous! And it can't even make coffee.... Foobar2000 doesn't use CDDB but FreeDB. It can do it automatically, if you configure it to do so. Go to Foobar2000>Preferences>Components>freedb masstager - at bottom there is auto CDDA tagging option, check when cd is added to playlist, automatically retrieve titles. Configure the rest as you desire.

Edited by richter

Outrageous! And it  can't even make coffee.... Foobar2000 doesn't use CDDB but FreeDB. It can do it automatically, if you configure it to do so. Go to Foobar2000>Preferences>Components>freedb masstager - at bottom there is auto CDDA tagging option, check when cd is added to playlist, automatically retrieve titles. Configure the rest as you desire.

585442891[/snapback]

Cheers, if only foobar2000 wasn't so complicated. I'm only using it over Winamp because of it's loading time and general speed.

I have both installed, so whatever is first at hand. Though I do use Foobar2000 more for playback and exclusively for everything else as has everything I need.

Winamp is not bad, it has it's good sides. It's almost as light as Foobar2000, when not using modern skin. I just got used to Foobar2000 while using it on my old computer. It has a lot of options which I like myslef. I'm not fan of iTunes for example which is totally foolproof but doesn't have simple stop button. Go figure.