American football or English football

well being from england i am obviously going to prefer english football,

i watched the superbowl a few days ago n i dint have a clue what was going on :whistle:

wats yout opinion?

No idea what english football is "It was the Scots, he asserts, who invented the modern game. The passing game. And football had been played in Scotland for centuries. He cites parish records which show the Kirk railing against the playing of football on the Sabbath." http://www.scottishleague.net/back%20of%20the%20net1.htm

Take credit for things the english actually done mate :D

When he says English football im sure he means the game that people in England call football, or for americans soccer. (which is a stupid name IMO)

585446601[/snapback]

lol i dont call it soccer i myself know what soccer is , and its much different

Why do Americans call their ballgame Football when its not?

Football or Footie is a British thing, and is named correctly.

Anyway they should not be compared together. Don't make sense.

Now Rugby on the other hand is something you can compare with Americas Ballgame ;)

By the way Rugby is a true mans game, none of that padding and protection crap ;)

By the way Rugby is a true mans game, none of that padding and protection crap ;)

585446713[/snapback]

Tell that to the American players who have been injured and some that have been paralyzed.

Anyway they should not be compared together.  Don't make sense. 

Now Rugby on the other hand is something you can compare with Americas Ballgame ;) 

585446713[/snapback]

let me ask you a ?, here in the US i don't get to see many rugby games, how big are some of these rugby players. alot of football players are upto and above 300 lb. are there any rugby players that big?

i watched the previes of the superbowl and damn its a very slow game... i mean they blow the whistle evey 10secs..they dont even have a chance to play.!?!?

i'll never understand american "rugby" meh..thats what it is basically- but you wear all the padding so u dont get hurt... in england rugby it basically the same as us football but its played wearing no padding..and stricter rules...

anyway.. English Football beats all sports... Football is a worldwide sport whereas american football is only in the US.

Mostly around 250-260lbs for a forward and 200-240 for a back. That's about 3st lighter, but bearing in mind that that run continuously for 80 minutes, while 300lb football players run for all of 30 seconds before they sit down and have a nice sleep for half an hour, it'd be pretty hard to be that big and play.

But if you think they hit any lighter when they tackle, you're seriously mistaken. Especially considering that they don't bother with any girly padding or helmets. If you're going to play a contact sport, don't worry about getting a broken nose every now and again...

In theory, rugby stops for a few seconds if someone is bleeding profusely, but if last weekend's Six Nations games were anything to go by, it's easier to just play around them.

No idea what english football is "It was the Scots, he asserts, who invented the modern game. The passing game. And football had been played in Scotland for centuries. He cites parish records which show the Kirk railing against the playing of football on the Sabbath."  http://www.scottishleague.net/back%20of%20the%20net1.htm

Take credit for things the english actually done mate :D

Feh, let's call english or scotish or latvian whatever football; european football. Mmmmkay?

I like them both, but european football is higher ranked in my heart. :blush: It's a portuguese thing.

Anyway they should not be compared together.  Don't make sense. 

585446713[/snapback]

You do know that the word soccer was made up by an English college student in the 1880s.

Read about it here.

When American football first started it was almost like Rugby football. Then they changed the rules overtime to what it is now. That's why the name is called football here in the US.

Read about it here.

On topic, I like American football better than English football. I like American better because there's more things to do when you play it, even though it is stop and go.