IBM software controlling fan on note book?

my old sony vaio z505's fan is making huge noise, i have heard there is a ISM software that can control the fan speed or turn it on/off according to the CPU temperature. but i could not find it, any one can give me a little help here??

thanks a lot

:laugh: :laugh:

With the fluctuation in speed and temperature in a mobile CPU you reallly don't want to be messing with the fans. If it is making a noise it's because it's hot, so you really don't wanna mess. Try making sure there is air passing under the laptop by placing it on a solid flat surface like a desk or dining table (ie. not the carpet, bed or your lap). Also shut it down for 10 minutes and give it a chance to cool naturally.

If you are running CPU intensive programs then it is only to be expected, no matter what CPU it is.

thanks darkblackcrow, i took my laptop apart tonight and figured out it's the hard drive that is noisy, i figured out the reason people post disassemble procedures online is because they want to get rid of their noisy hard drives, haha, i think i am gonna do that too. thanks again :):)