for or against abortion ?

are u for abortion or against it ?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. are u for abortion or against it ?

• for
    • against

personally i think abortions should only be allowed in cases of rape or if its known that the child will be born with some sort or retardation....in all other cases i believe  "the right to choose" means "the right to choose when to and when not to spread ur legs"

585453850[/snapback]

so a child born to a woman who is raped is less of a human than another baby? That contradicts everything about the pro-life stance. I can respect both sides but not these people that try to sit in the middle. Either its all or none.

Personally I look more at the societal aspects. As we have seen in the past even though something becomes illegal it doesn't mean people stop doing it. In countries where abortion is illegal many women handle it themselves with gruesome and deadly results. It is hard to have a productive 21st century society where women are not able to control their reproduction.

There should be a point where you can and can't do it. I can't even begin to speculate what that point should be, I don't agree that the baby is 2 days away and the mother decides she doesn't want it and wants it aborted. At that point she should be buying stuff for the nursery.

I think the cause is simple its laziness,irresponsibility,lack of love for new life. Most cases people what to just have fun I mean who dosnt? But I take responsibility for my actions.

585454209[/snapback]

so you know what the cause is, could you also please tell me how you think the problem'd be solved, because I don't think it can be

Well, let's see if I get this right. Abortion is illegal because, it's a form of murder. Killing an unborn child, right?

Then why isn't masturbation illegal? There are so many potential babies in one drop of sperm. You kill them too don't you? That's basically the same thing as abortion... Or do you save them in the freezer just in case you want to have babies some day?

If I'm correct abortion is allowed for three months until it's too late to abort the baby. So I really don't get the "murder" point. :rolleyes: It's can't even think for itself when it's three months old. It doesn't think: "Hey! They are going to kill me!".

Some wise man once said: "I think, so I exist"... Think about that :)

And for everyone who's going to say, "are you in kindergarten?" or something similar to that... I have a very big finger for them. :rolleyes:  Post when you have decent arguments please... thanks :)

585454156[/snapback]

Potential babies are not the same thing as babies....

Just because you can't remember when you were three months old doesn't mean you didn't exist or weren't a true life. I don't remember what happened while I was sleeping last night. Does that mean I didn't exist so it would be OK to kill me while I was sleeping?

hawkings wasnt born retarded.....dyslexia isnt retardation.....iam talkin about severe retardation....like if the child is gonna be born a vegetable .....

585454171[/snapback]

Then comes the argument......now you're retarded, is your life worth less? you see, to justify abortion you have to overlook so many things. (not) suprisingly, it works for so many people. Bury your head in the sand and all you'll see is what's in your own mind.

*farts*

btw, if you're too retarded too understand this, read my member title :rolleyes:

585454211[/snapback]

even though iam against abortions i seriously wish ur mother had exercised her right to choose and aborted u

When that baby can survive on its own outside the mother, then you have a case.

585454213[/snapback]

I totally agree with this...

so a child born to a woman who is raped is less of a human than another baby? That contradicts everything about the pro-life stance. I can respect both sides but not these people that try to sit in the middle. Either its all or none.

Personally I look more at the societal aspects. As we have seen in the past even though something becomes illegal it doesn't mean people stop doing it. In countries where abortion is illegal many women handle it themselves with gruesome and deadly results. It is hard to have a productive 21st century society where women are not able to control their reproduction.

There should be a point where you can and can't do it. I can't even begin to speculate what that point should be, I don't agree that the baby is 2 days away and the mother decides she doesn't want it and wants it aborted. At that point she should be buying stuff for the nursery.

585454215[/snapback]

and I totally agree with that, and if the still doesn't what the cild, there's still the option of giving it up for adoption..

In my country, the netherlands, you can abort untill 3 months, anything past that is illegal as well..

so you know what the cause is, could you also please tell me how you think the problem'd be solved, because I don't think it can be

585454216[/snapback]

Well if kids were raised right now a days and tought good values and human decision makeing this still would be a problem but not as bad. You cant stop everyone ther is alway people that just do things ther own way. One way to try to stop it is not make abortion a choice.

Potential babies are not the same thing as babies....

Just because you can't remember when you were three months old doesn't mean you didn't exist or weren't a true life. I don't remember what happened while I was sleeping last night. Does that mean I didn't exist so it would be OK to kill me while I was sleeping?

585454218[/snapback]

I see your point, but it was already proven that when you're three months old, you don't even have any brains. So how would you think? Besides, when you put the fetus of three months old outside of the mother, it cannot survive on it's own...

And the argument about when you're sleeping is false, because a LOT of thinking happens when you sleep.. :)

Btw, you said potential babies are not the same as babies... so you just actually proved my point... :whistle:

even though iam against abortions i seriously wish ur mother had exercised  her right to choose and aborted u

585454235[/snapback]

post reported, you're trying to start a flamewar here or something... status has to watch out too since he's on the borderline of being offensive

I totally agree with this...

and I totally agree with that, and if the still doesn't what the cild, there's still the option of giving it up for adoption..

In my country, the netherlands, you can abort untill 3 months, anything past that is illegal as well..

585454237[/snapback]

Word. I just can't jive with the godsquad that thinks every time you masturbate you kill a billion unborn children

even though iam against abortions i seriously wish ur mother had exercised  her right to choose and aborted u

585454235[/snapback]

I will defend his right to life even if he talks of sperm being a human being

585454215[/snapback]

the world aint all black and white my misguided friend.....theres always a grey area that has to be dealt with

Well if kids were raised right now a days and tought good values and human decision makeing this still would be a problem but not as bad. You cant stop everyone ther is alway people that just do things ther own way. One way to try to stop it is not make abortion a choice.

585454240[/snapback]

Yes, because people doing their own thing is so terrible! "good" values are entirely subjective, to you life may overrule choice, but I was taught that without choice (in general), then life isn't worth living.

well... I kind of agree with you...

I personally think it should be allowed, in all cases, and this is probably going to upset people :p but I don't care... Because I believe that it will prevent stuff like throwing baby's out of moving cars will ever happen (you've probably heard the news - baby thrown out of car in florida couple of hours after birth)

Anything is better then throwing a kid out of a moving vehicle or even killing a kid...

585453881[/snapback]

Ummm... if that were true, then the very incident you're referring to would have never happened (because women do have the right to choose in Florida)?

Personally, I think the entire argument of "it would prevent <XYZ> from happening" is a flawed argument to begin with b/c abortion is legal and, if it would really prevent unwanted children, etc., then we would not have those very problems today.

I'm also curious... has anyone that has voted "for" actually ever seen how the procedure is performed? I find it extremely hypocritical that those very same people are usually the ones screaming about the inhumanity of capital punishment. :rolleyes:

Ummm... if that were true, then the very incident you're referring to would have never happened (because women do have the right to choose in Florida)?

Personally, I think the entire argument of "it would prevent <XYZ> from happening" is a flawed argument to begin with b/c abortion is legal and, if it would really prevent unwanted children, etc., then we would not have those very problems today.

585454261[/snapback]

since when is abortion legal throughoutthe world..? I KNOW for a fact it's illegal in Ireland as wel as in some US states...

Whats a godsquad?

585454265[/snapback]

I think he is refering to the people who push the word of god on another, whether that it a right comment to make or not im not getting into.

585454235[/snapback]

*sigh* I'm not planning to get in any trouble for this, so I won't bother talking to you anymore... I'll just report your post and put you on my ignore list. Goodbye...

since when is abortion legal throughoutthe world..? I KNOW for a fact it's illegal in Ireland as wel as in some US states...

585454274[/snapback]

Abortion is legal througout the whole of the US because of two little court decisions called Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton.

585454274[/snapback]

Since when did I say that it was legal in the rest of the world...? I was simply replying to the post referencing the recent news of the couple in Florida throwing the child out the window.

Abortion is legal in the United States (at least since the Supreme Court ruled it legal). Some states have restrictions on how late a pregnancy can be before the procedure may no longer be performed.

The United States still has serious problems with incidents like these as I'm sure the rest of the world does. That said, I feel that my point is still valid. Abortion does not solve the problem of unwanted children. It may reduce the incidences of it (purely a hypothetical guess)?

Abortion is legal througout the whole of the US because of two  little court decisions called Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton.

585454298[/snapback]

ok, then there's still some other countries where it is illegal and of course there's the moral issue... sorry that I didn't know this fact

585454235[/snapback]

i apologize for the above post.....it was totally outta line on my part.....

I see your point, but it was already proven that when you're three months old, you don't even have any brains. So how would you think? Besides, when you put the fetus of three months old outside of the mother, it cannot survive on it's own...

And the argument about when you're sleeping is false, because a LOT of thinking happens when you sleep.. :)

Btw, you said potential babies are not the same as babies... so you just actually proved my point... :whistle:

585454247[/snapback]

I'll be honest with you, I don't have much knowledge of fetal development, but a quick google turned up "Weeks 9 and 10 - teeth begin to form, fingernails develop; baby can turn head, frown" "Three months.... he has begun swallowing and kicking. The basic structures of all his organs are in place and beginning to function." I'd say if it can move and perform tasks like swallowing then it has a brain.

So once again I make the point, just because you don't remember thinking, doesn't mean you weren't thinking. By saying a lot of thinking goes on when you sleep you proved my point.

A baby is formed when sperm fetalizes an egg.... Potential babies would be a single sperm or a single egg. Together they are a baby.