• 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1152x864
    • 1280x768
    • 1280x1024
    • 1600x1200
    • Other (Please specify)

Hi,

Im doing a bit of research for a web page and was wondering what screen resolutions you all used so I can get an idea what fixed width size the site should be in.

Thanks for your help,

Tokhra

Edited to say Research not Market Research. ;) Submitted data on Neowin may not be used as a statistic on any other site for marketting purposes. I know this is not the case here but I want to make it clear for any wannabe statistic collectors who feel this is a green light.

i run it at 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.. would run it higher.. but monitor wont run it :(

The content of the site will greatly effect the sort of people and therefore the res they run at. For example my site is designed for people wanting to customise OS X and XP so I very much doubt they will be running 640 or 800.

Of course you could also insert a splash screen saying "This is designed for optimum use at a resolution of [insert res here]"

This is a bit of a cop out but I see a lot of sites like it.

800x600 is the standart, but people doesn?t use it any more, only less people, I think in short time the standart will be 1024x768.

Use width="100%":))

Originally posted by nomis_nehc

by the poll right now, I would say us 1280x1024 people are winning :)

But that's what you would expect from the users of a tech related site.

I would be extremely surprised to see someone admit to using below 1024.

1024x768 is good for me... everything fits right with that setting. I wouldn't recommend going under 800x600 though.

85Hz is the setting I use for my monitor. It's good for me anyways.

Asking here at Neowin you will probablly want to design your page to fit to resolutions between 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200. But we won't be visiting your site. The common folk will, or common soccer folk, will be visiting your site and may not be computer nuts with 19" monitors. I read not too long ago that the average screen resolution was still 800 x 600, and thats what web designers are still catering too. If people have to scroll up and down all over the place, they will not want to come back to your site as much.

I personally have my site designed to just fit 800 x 600, mostly because I like keeping it clean and uncluttered.:)

Originally posted by PigeonHead

800x600, I like things big!

Wow, I would never have thought :roll:

Your sig looks big at 1024, I hate to imagine what it would look like at 800...

1280x1024 @ 75Hz.

I admit when i first switched to this resolution I was getting headaches, but now I am very used to it, and love the extra screen real estate I get.

Um, I run mine at 1280 x 960, but that option isn't in the poll. Oh and it's at 85hz, I can't use anything less than 85hz for more than 20 mins. (on a 19" monitor.)

264 Views any only 50 Votes, come on people i need a well rounded view of everyones resolution for the research. Aim for over 200 votes :)

Thanks

;)

Few years ago, it was 800x600, now its 1024x768.

The only people using 800x600 is public schools. Most computer brought from major brand company are atleast 1024x768 as standard defults now anyways. (I could be wrong though)