[NFL] Probowl

I refused to see it.

I always get very depresed when a football season ends :(

585467993[/snapback]

no kidding :cry:

baseball lasts forever...it's not fair :wacko:

hey did anyone watch the skills competition?  who won the qb passing one?  how did vick do?

585467594[/snapback]

Drew Brees won by a large margin, I think he scored 130 points and Manning was in 2nd with 70. I watched the fastest man challenge and I was dissappointed they didn't post the 40 times. I'm interested to see what these genetic freaks are running nowadays. Every now and then I get to watch an NFL combine video and its quite interesting. :happy:

didn't vick participate in the accuracy challenge? i knew he would suck it up. drew is the man, and always has and always will be better than vick. vick = overrated and worthless.

yea, he is probably overrated, but if the falcons did not have him they would probably suck. He was supposed to be the 'Michael Jordan' of football, I don't see that happening.

Don't have to wait too long until the draft. Although this year doesn't seem like it will be exciting... I enjoyed the booing of Eli last year :)

didn't vick participate in the accuracy challenge?  i knew he would suck it up.  drew is the man, and always has and always will be better than vick.  vick = overrated and worthless.

585472572[/snapback]

Sorry Bro. I generally agree with you but this is not the case. Among all the players I think Vick is the less worthless. And no, I dont think he is the best (I dont even like him) but we need to accept the fact that he is the most valuable player for any team in the NFL. The Falcons are really a very different team without it.

Yes, he is not the most skilled QB. I think that he is a "Kordell Stewart" on steroids. He can do everything with an above average perfomance and that makes him very dangerous. Falcons fans say that he can run like a devil, and thats a good point. But he doenst know how to run properly. He explodes in a way that he cant control his acceleration. Remember that run against the Eagles in the Conference championship? (Or it was against the Rams?) He tackled himself literally. One day someone is going to hurt him bad.

But still, he is surely not worthless.

Drew Brees won by a large margin, I think he scored 130 points and Manning was in 2nd with 70.  I watched the fastest man challenge and I was dissappointed they didn't post the 40 times.  I'm interested to see what these genetic freaks are running nowadays.  Every now and then I get to watch an NFL combine video and its quite interesting. :happy:

585472245[/snapback]

yeah he did, i watched it, Vick threw like crap, but dante culpepper? was just horrible, i think they were really hungover or still drunk or something...

yeah, i just saw a re-run today. wow, brees was amazing.

@[sanctified]

"He can do everything with an above average perfomance" is not completely true. he never has, and never will be able to throw the ball accurately and effectively. he has flawed mechanics. he has a career passer rating of like 76, which is the same that jeff garcia had last year with the browns, and now garcia is cut.

and vick would never be mvp on the patriots.

yeah he did, i watched it, Vick threw like crap, but dante culpepper? was just horrible, i think they were really hungover or still drunk or something...

585473618[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Even for the bench press comp., the d-line and LB were only doing 30+ reps. I was suprised at first that o-line weren't in the competition, but still those numbers are pretty low. You can see those kinds of numbers for college athletes and even some high school athletes. Given, it might not have been the best coniditions and such, but I was still suprised.