Worldwide Developers Conference 2005

I just received this information in my inbox. So here's the link to the next conference.

June 6-10 2005.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/index.html

All systems go.

With its unique integration of breakthrough technologies, open standards, and robust development tools, Mac OS X Tiger is the platform for unparalleled developer innovation. At the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2005, June 6-10 in San Francisco, you'll get the in-depth knowledge, hands-on instruction and one-on-one support you need to deliver products and solutions that transform the way your users work, play, search, and share on a Mac.

Rich sessions. Practical tutorials. Hands-on labs.

At WWDC 2005, you'll get in-depth information and practical coding guidance, delivered in person from Apple's own engineers and technical staff. They will deliver a full-spectrum experience: information-rich presentations, expert-led coding sessions, and hands-on labs where your code will get personal attention.

Advance your development.

Harness the potential of Tiger and the entire Apple platform. Come to WWDC 2005 to work one-on-one with Apple engineers and industry luminaries and learn how to:

- Become a Tiger Technology Expert. Dig deep into the innovative technologies that power Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger, the next major release of Mac OS X. At WWDC 2005, you'll work directly with Apple engineers to explore and exploit Tiger development opportunities such as Spotlight, Dashboard, Core Data, Core Image, Core Video, and more.

- Optimize your code for maximum performance. Discover new tools and techniques for accelerating your application, reducing its memory footprint, and enhancing its user experience.

- Take your app to the next level. Master the best practices for choosing and using the APIs, tools, and technologies that will make your app stand out from the competition

- Take advantage of the Mac's platform integration opportunities. Learn how your application can integrate with and make the most of the applications, technologies, and services built into Mac OS X.

- Leverage digital media in your apps. Get expert guidance on how your application can exploit the awesome digital media capabilities built into Mac OS X.

- Strengthen your IT skills and understanding of Apple enterprise solutions. Extend your Java, Unix, database, and scripting skills, learn about the latest technologies like Xgrid and Xsan, and get the inside track on developing and deploying enterprise solutions on the Apple platform.

Something for everyone.

WWDC offers practical information and guidance designed to meet the needs of the diverse communities that develop and deploy on the Apple platform:

* Commercial software and hardware developers

* In-house enterprise application developers

* Web developers and scripters

* IT managers and staff

* System administrators

* Scientists and researchers

* Developers of application plug-ins and extensions

I had this as well. Would love to go, but is a bit far away for me to go to! :p

Is the seminars that interest me most, and I assume there would be lots about development on Tiger.

Dougal.

why is it so expensive to go there :(

585505229[/snapback]

Its for developers and they have 'classes' teaching them about new Mac OS X tools to help them build better apps. Apple don't expect any Mac user to go - its a developer conference. ;)

First time in years that WWDC won't have a next major version of Mac OS X. Makes me wonder what Steve is gonna show since theres no new OS show.

585486358[/snapback]

WWDC is in early June, and from the rumors out there, Tiger will not be released until late June, the 30th...

I'd say it'd give him a good place to announce the official date, talk about the new Final Cut Pro 5 and show off whatever hardware updates Apple has in store.

Don't worry, they'll have something to talk about... faster G5's anyone? :woot:

WWDC is in early June, and from the rumors out there, Tiger will not be released until late June, the 30th...

I'd say it'd give him a good place to announce the official date, talk about the new Final Cut Pro 5 and show off whatever hardware updates Apple has in store.

Don't worry, they'll have something to talk about... faster G5's anyone?  :woot:

585512209[/snapback]

I was thinking two words. Powerbook G5. I know its a big wish but really isn't a bit boring for Steve to show a tad faster G5s and update iMacs and tiger (for the 3rd time)?

I was thinking two words. Powerbook G5. I know its a big wish but really isn't a bit boring for Steve to show a tad faster G5s and update iMacs and tiger (for the 3rd time)?

585513861[/snapback]

Powerbook G5......surely not?!!? Would they release a PB in Feb then another model only 5 months away? surely that would **** alot of people off. Not me though....cos i would order one the day they were announced.

If you remember back to when they introduced the Aluminium Powerbooks (12" and 17" in January 2003) then you'll remember that they updated the previous 15" Titatium Powerbook up to 1Ghz only 1 month or so before! Lots of people were ticked off then. So 5 months is nothing.

Powerbook G5......surely not?!!? Would they release a PB in Feb then another model only 5 months away? surely that would **** alot of people off. Not me though....cos i would order one the day they were announced.

585513988[/snapback]

I guess so. But business is business. And Apple has to show off something cool and big at WWDC this year. No new OS and no new hardware? I mean, that wouldn't make a good Stevenote.