Help with High Speed Cable Internet

I signed up for AOL High Speed Cable from Time Warner Cable when it first came out for really cheap. 34.99/month for as long as I keep my account active(aka don't cancel the account) so I'm not interested in switching to another provider for more money since I haven't had much problems with the AOL service besides buggy software which brings me to my next and main question.

I can't use IE6.0 or Mozilla or for that part any browser without signing into the AOL 7.0 buggy software. Is there any way of bypassing the software so I can use Mozilla without having to sign into the AOL software every time. I have an always on connection but I don't if you catch my drift. My next cheapest alternative to AOL is Earthlink High Speed Cable which is 44.95/month. Since the AOL service is fast and reliable except for the buggy software I don't see spending an extra 10/month for this. But if I can save that 10/month and find an alternative to the AOL software I'll go for that but if not I'm not going to spend 10.00 more per month just for the 5 seconds extra to sign in. It's just if there's an alternative I'll save myself all of the trouble of the software all together.

Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. So Mods if it's not too much trouble could you switch this thread to software assistance. Thanks and again sorry for posting to the wrong section.

Time Warner set me up with a secendary IP address to provide me access without using the AOL software. Yeah I can use IE or Mozilla or cough...Netscape instead of always having to sign into AOL everytime to use IE or Mozilla. But if I want to access my email I have to sign on to AOL using their software. I don't even have to pay anymore money either. So I'm getting 2.0Mbps500Kbps for 34.99/month.