[NHL] Sources: Agreement in principle

Yes, you read the title correctly. Sources are saying that the NHL and the NHLPA have reached a agreement in principle. They are still going to meet tomorrow (Saturday). The agreement has a $45 million dollar salary cap. They could also un-cancel the season tomorrow as well.

Source: ESPN

ugh.. i was lookin forward to a year without hockey.  seriously whats the point of a third of a season?

585496542[/snapback]

Nah, the regular season is always meaningless. As long as they have the playoff then that's all that matters. The only point of the regular season is to eliminate the bottom half of the teams.

I believe this is the best time of the season. Every game could decide if you make the playoffs or not. Which means from game 1, it will be crunch time. :D

I say kill this season, they should just repackage and market the game next season. If this season does go ahead, and the plays are sloppy, I think that does more harm than good

I believe this is the best time of the season.  Every game could decide if you make the playoffs or not.  Which means from game 1, it will be crunch time. :D

585496698[/snapback]

Agreed.

Some high-profile team like Detroit or Colorado can go into one slump and miss the playoffs, while a team like Columbus can sneak in. :laugh:

It's not good

For the first time in seven months, NHL hockey is front and centre on a Saturday, albeit in a very different way.

Just three days after cancelling the 2004-2005 season, both the NHL and NHL Players' Association met in New York for 6 1/2 hours in an effort to table a new collective bargaining agreement and perhaps save the season - again. TSN's Bob McKenzie reports that no progress and no deal have materialized yet, while no further talks are scheduled at this point.

A source close to the talks added that despite the presence of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux, the situation was ''not good''.

source: www.tsn.ca