piece of junk router

i ****ing hate linksys, i tell him not to buy it and he buys it anyway.

i can't do FTP or VNC at all..

i have a manually set ip (192.168.1.28)

so i set up portforewarding, preset for FTP and enabled it for my ip. saved the settings and waited.

no one can log onto my ftp.. i checked with the no-ip program and it was able to connect and update the dns, so there's not problem there,

and i also use VNC to access my pc remotely and i have not been able too ever since i got this crap router..

so then i try port triggering, and that **** don't work either.

what else can i do to make it work? help please.

edit.. i have a linksys WRT55AG

Once you set up your static IP (192.168.1.28)

Port forward these ports to that IP. Should be under applications and gaming or whatever.

Port 21 TCP (for ftp)

Port 5800 UDP (for vnc)

Port 5900 UDP (for vnc web)

That should work.

Goto your command line and type 'ipconfig' to find your IP just to double check for that hell of it.

Double check your ports on your apps to make sure they are default ports. If not, adjust acordingly.

If that doesn't work, download the newest firmware. After that, do a factory reset on the router then set it up from scratch. You might need to upgrade it. Ever since Cisco bought Linksys, they suck now... IMO

You should be able to set DDNS within your router, to make it easier for you...maybe the No-IP client is sending 192.168.1.28 as the IP for your subdomain name with them.

Try pinging the DDNS and tell us what happens.

FTP set it to from 20 to 21.

Linksys is not the problem here, they are very good units.? Configure it right, and you have no problems.

585496922[/snapback]

oops read it wrong.. edit

WinSock 2.0

Connecting to vk.myftp.org

Connected to vk.myftp.org Port 21

Connection failed (Connection lost)

That is what I got when trying to connect to your ftp annonymously.

Can you see people attempting to login to your ftp within the program?

Does it say why the connection failed?

ps. not sure how safe it is to keep your info in those pics without blurring them a little :ninja:

OMFG, i can't take this ****..

nothing works.. i can't even expand SERV-U to edit users or anthing like that..

i can't do VNC, ftp doesn't work either..

i can't see anyone trying to connect.

i've tried setting it up TCP/UDP, both 20 and 21 and just 21, nothing works, i've double checked my firewall and i've set it up again just incase.

i'm goin to chane my ip addres and see if that does anything.

YEY!! IT WORKS..

NO, not the gay crap of a router called linksys

after Glazzz was able to connect just one time and never worked again..

i decided to get the duct tape out, and fix the old netgear router and it works, duct tape fixes all :D

this thread can die now.. thanks for your efforts though, very appreciated.

YEY!! IT WORKS..

NO, not the gay crap of a router called linksys

after Glazzz was able to connect just one time and never worked again..

i decided to get the duct tape out, and fix the old netgear router and it works, duct tape fixes all :D

this thread can die now.. thanks for your efforts though, very appreciated.

585497092[/snapback]

:blink:

the netgear.. has a problem with the powercord.. you gotta play around with it, like twisting and turning to get it to power the router..

since they really have a crappy return/echange policy it was decided we get a new router, i specifically told my uncle to not get linksys and he comes home with that junk. and now look, wasted money, i don't know how much it costs..

so now after playing around with the wires, i duct taped the entire router to the wall and all the way down to the plug so that the wire stays put for good, cuz any small movement and it'll shut off.

That WRT55AG is a nice router. While I don't see the reason for getting the 55AG, it's still a worthy router.

The linksys firmware is pretty darn good out of the box, but it's nowhere near as good as the Sveasoft firmware.

You should really give it a try again with the Sveasoft firmware. It opens a whole new area of features.

That WRT55AG is a nice router. While I don't see the reason for getting the 55AG, it's still a worthy router.

The linksys firmware is pretty darn good out of the box, but it's nowhere near as good as the Sveasoft firmware.

You should really give it a try again with the Sveasoft firmware. It opens a whole new area of features.

585497152[/snapback]

are there any firmwares like that for my netgear?