NFL Free Agency

Any news about the Broncos?

585542978[/snapback]

Not as of yet.

Other news states the Rams may trade Tackle Orlando Pace to NY Giants for an undisclosed player. I hope that doesn't happen :(

Do you think that means they think Ty Law may not be up to his old playing self because of the injury? or is it basically a salary cap issue?

585535929[/snapback]

I think it has to to with salary cap issues. Randall Gay (undrafted cornerback from LSU) did a nice job filling in for him while he was injured. There was talk of his release not long after Gay took over his job and performed well.

I think it has to to with salary cap issues.  Randall Gay (undrafted cornerback from LSU) did a nice job filling in for him while he was injured.  There was talk of his release not long after Gay took over his job and performed well.

585544012[/snapback]

Ok, thanks.. man Dallas could use this guy!!

I'm semi-ticked that the Colts resigned Edgerrin James, after missing the Pro Bowl because of a "supposed back injury", and since he hints all the time that he wants the Dolphins to pick him up.

Waste of a portion of the salary cap if you ask me... :angry:

Sadly, rumor has it that Trotter will be going to KC. Supposedly the Chiefs are going to pay him alot and the Eagles don't want to break the bank on him. He was spectacular in the Jim Johnson defense, but I don't think he will do well on another team especially Kansas City, which has no other defensive players to help him. Oh well the Eagles can rely on their draft picks to get a new and younger LB.

lots of big news today:

Samuels Agrees to Contract Extension

Washington lands Rabach as free-agent market opens - Gotta have a nice o-line :D

Ravens land their receiver - Former Titans star Mason agrees to five-year contract - HUGE pickup for the Ravens

Trade official, Moss becomes a Raider - Randy in silver and black. I can hear the Minnesota fans crying!

Oakland also was in serious talks with free-agent running back LaMont Jordan, whose addition also could be announced. Jordan spent his first four season with the New York Jets.

Rams sign ex-Cowboys LB Coakley - NICE, real nice pickup.

Pats' vet Brown becomes free agent - Shame- I thought his perfmance this year would have locked him there for years to come

Johnson, Jurevicius released from Bucs

Sadly, rumor has it that Trotter will be going to KC.  Supposedly the Chiefs are going to pay him alot and the Eagles don't want to break the bank on him.  He was spectacular in the Jim Johnson defense, but I don't think he will do well on another team especially Kansas City, which has no other defensive players to help him.  Oh well the Eagles can rely on their draft picks to get a new and younger LB.

585558725[/snapback]

he's gonna go after the money again. i swear sometimes i wonder what players are thinking, you leave the eagles, dont do as well with the 'skins come back and excel, then leave again for the money. i know its business but to me it just seems silly. i read somewhere the the eagles are pursuing hartwell a LB out of baltimore maybe that is part of the reason he went after the money.

he's gonna go after the money again.  i swear sometimes i wonder what players are thinking, you leave the eagles, dont do as well with the 'skins come back and excel, then leave again for the money.  i know its business but to me it just seems silly.  i read somewhere the the eagles are pursuing hartwell a LB out of baltimore maybe that is part of the reason he went after the money.

585559580[/snapback]

Yea that is exactly how I feel too. We better get a new line backer or God forbid we have Simaneu take his place and go back to the 200+ yards rushing games.

But in a statement released late Friday night, in which the Raiders reacted to the Woodson move, the team hinted that a trade remains a strong possibility.

"The actions of agent Carl Poston and Charles Woodson tell us that they have have reached a long-term deal with a team and we expect a trade very soon," the statement read.

Translation: The Raiders apparently feel that Woodson will sign an offer sheet with another team which, as a franchise player, he has a right to do. Oakland could match the offer sheet and retain Woodson at the terms specified, or decline to match and receive a pair of first-round draft choices as compensation. Or the two teams could reach agreement on a trade for a package of draft picks and/or players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2000108

Bittersweet.. I'm going to miss seeing Charles Woodson in the silver and black. <Been following him since his days at Michigan. It was a great day when he signed with the Raiders.> On the other hand, I think Randy Moss is a great acquisition for the Raiders, that guy can finally be himself and not be scrutinized. And they're going to sign LaMont Jordan on top of that. Things are definitely looking up. Life is Good in Raider Nation.

:fro:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2000108

Bittersweet.. I'm going to miss seeing Charles Woodson in the silver and black.  <Been following him since his days at Michigan. It was a great day when he signed with the Raiders.>  On the other hand, I think Randy Moss is a great acquisition for the Raiders, that guy can finally be himself and not be scrutinized. And they're going to sign LaMont Jordan on top of that. Things are definitely looking up. Life is Good in Raider Nation.

:fro:

585561697[/snapback]

Now you need a decent QB

Ah good, Trotter resigned with the Eagles for 5 more years: NFL.com.  Now I don't have to look forward to the 200+ yard rushing games next season.

585569003[/snapback]

:yes:

nice. good moves by the eags.

i am still shocked about the whole randy moss trade. crazy. but if the vikes get plex and a nice pick in the draft it might be okay.

they got two first rounders now?

Browns lost garcia and holcomb. i dont think its a bad thing tho. i'd rather see a new face, maybe 1st round pick? OR maybe brady will follow romeo this way :D