!HELP! Corrupt msvcrt.dll file

K, one day I boot up my comp, and a blue screen comes up before Windows XP loads and says "Checksum Error: MSVCRT.DLL may be corrupt".

I make my drive on slave and my dad's master, so i went on his master drive, downloaded a new MSVCRT.DLL file and overwritten the one in my system32 folder (of my original drive) and I still get the same thing. PLEASE SOMEONE DEAR GOD HELP ME! :'(

Originally posted by Ravager

K, one day I boot up my comp, and a blue screen comes up before Windows XP loads and says "Checksum Error: MSVCRT.DLL may be corrupt".

I make my drive on slave and my dad's master, so i went on his master drive, downloaded a new MSVCRT.DLL file and overwritten the one in my system32 folder (of my original drive) and I still get the same thing. PLEASE SOMEONE DEAR GOD HELP ME! :'(

system restore? :)

I can't access my windows at all. when it boots up and gets to the Logon screen, it says MSVCRT.DLL is corrupt because of some CheckSum

right after bios.. keep pressing F8 untill you get a menu.. then select safe mode.. if that does not work.. do that again but select "restore last working point" or something like that :)

Tried both... I have access to my dad's hard drive and set my normal one as slave... anything I can do from there? For example, get rid of the standard checksum or whatever and use a new MSVCRT.DLL?

Nm, got it fixed :) thank god

you might want to post how you fixed it.. for other that might have this prob i mean :)

Thank god for Windows File Protection.

I just went to my C:windowssystem32dllcache folder, copied the msvcrt.dll file to the system32 folder, and it worked :D

Tada!!