Sosa tossed

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- As an encore to his successful debut with the Baltimore Orioles, Sammy Sosa did something even more memorable: He got ejected from a spring training game while playing the outfield.

Sosa was tossed in the second inning of the Orioles' 9-6 loss to the Washington Nationals on Saturday. It was the first time in 34 years that Baltimore and Washington met on the baseball diamond, but the result was far less compelling than Sosa's surprise exit.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base...ex.html?cnn=yes

not really a basball fan but couldn't elp but notice it was the 2nd biggest headline on cnn.com

"I said, 'That was a strike,"' Sosa said, "and then the second-base umpire was like, 'Knock it off.' I said something back to him, and that was everything. I was all the way in right field, but I guess he took it the wrong way and threw me out of the game."

what a moron. #1 - how can you see if its a strike from RIGHT FIELD?!?!? , #2 - "said something back to him" , im sure it wasnt nice.

i hate sosa.

He was on top of the world during the homerun race with MacGwire. Since then it has been all downhill. He should have been put out of baseball after the corked bat incident.

wow, it's spring TRAINING.

oh well, i'm finally getting over losing him...i think we'll be better off without him.

Ahh, and this time he's the O's problem. He has been taking and buckling his knees on that big sweeping curve since he was hit in the head by Torres. He won't move any closer to the plate so he can easily be cheated on the low pitch outside now since he's lost whatever bat speed he had.

My favorites from this ST so far is Sammy's missed a game with a groin injury, hit a solo-HR in a team loss, and gotten tossed from a exhibition game for arguing strikes. That would wrap up the last 4 years with the Cubs in less than a week.

All this while the Cubs have done nothing but play good team baseball without distraction.

I'll be the first to say that I am glad Sammy is out of Chicago.

585583674[/snapback]

now we just have to wait for him to be out of baseball...