[Review] E398

Moto E398:

After doing 6260 and 9500 nokia models, now i plunge to review moto E398.

Motorola E398 has been designed as a dual-function mobile phone and music player.

motorolae3985lk.gif

* First impression

To be honest, i really dont like moto phones, and ppl here also know this fact :tongue:

But i was eager to listen to the mp3 with this phone, everyone are talking about's it's Bass effect and 3D Surround Sound speakers. I was liking a non-nokia phone!

* Specifications:

~ Bands/Modes: GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz

~ GPRS (2U/4D)

~ Size: 89 cc; 108mm x 46mm x 20.5mm

~ Weight: 110g

~ Display Resolution: 176x220 65K colors ,TFT

~ Talk Time: up to 590 mins

~ StandBy Time: up to 210 hrs

* Conectivity

~ WAP 2.0

~ GPRS (2U/4D)

~ Bluetooth

~ Email: POP3, SMTP, IMAP4

Now to the individual aspects of E398

* Camera

camera5eg.jpg

The phone has an integrated digital camera with 4x digital zoom and a flash for taking pictures in low light.

We can share the pictures takes via MMS.

This phone can't take video capture, it's the bigest minus point,but capable of video playback.

In general the pixs taken were of good quality.

* Sounds and speakers

It's here where the phone scores. Very good quality sound and it has two speakers. Bass and 3d surround are supported as well.

It can be loud enough to listen to in a car or among a group of people. It's as good as listening with our stereo speakers.It supports MPEG video as well.

There's an adjustable sensitivity to vibrations, which makes keypad, display and side colour LEDs blink at every vibration over the sensitivity limits.

Highlights:

~ Mp3 playback

~ Mp3 ringtones support, 32 cord polyphonic.

~ 3D surround and Bass effects.

~ Loud and clear sounds

~ Two speakers

~ MPEG-4 format suport as well.

~ MOTOMIXER (Remixable MIDI ringer software)

~ stereo MP3 files and MIDI files as ringtones

~ Headsets are also provided with the phone.

~ Speaker phone

WOAH, so much to write abt it's sounds and speakers.

* Built quality/Keypads

keypad8gs.jpg

The interface is is good unlike other moto phones, well we all have seen C375, it's keys arrangement sucks.But this is not the case with this phone.

The menu orientation is comfortable, but the mobile is a bit slow to react beacuse of a very slow processor.

It's possible to display the menu it in a list form or as a square matrix of nine positions with animated icons.

* Pros

+ Good sound

+ Excellent speakers (two)

+ Screen display, 65k TFT

* Cons

- Bluetooth issues

- no video capture

- slow processor

- no FM radio

MY opinion:

E898 is well-featured phone, a good mix of price and features. I suggest this phone for those looking for a combined phone and MP3 player. However it dont have a video capture and have very serious bluetooth issue, so it maybe suited for people who look out for MTV like fun phone.

Edited by drgrudge

• 2 weeks later...