MSN messenger service

b) Learn about the latest Bropia worm that attacks the servers.

585582478[/snapback]

There is no evidence to support the fact that any MSN Messenger outages to date have been caused by virus propogation. The first time I recall this rumour, was the "Funner" virus late last year. Microsoft confirmed that an outage at that time was related to administrative maintenance, and not the virus.

An MSN outage in early February, rumoured to be caused by Bropia, was also confirmed to be unrelated to the virus. MSN confirmed that there was an isolated data center problem causing outages.

Unless you are calling MSN a bunch of liars, there is nothing to support your case.

How can you fix an infected computer? Many friends are asking me that question, but I have no ID.

585582493[/snapback]

A simple search over at MSN Search would give you the answer which I found here. Use the simple Symantec Removal Tool and there you go! :D Tell your friends to use the removal tool. :D

Edited by Porp

There is no evidence to support the fact that any MSN Messenger outages to date have been caused by virus propogation.  The first time I recall this rumour, was the "Funner" virus late last year.  Microsoft confirmed that an outage at that time was related to administrative maintenance, and not the virus.

An MSN outage in early February, rumoured to be caused by Bropia, was also confirmed to be unrelated to the virus.  MSN confirmed that there was an isolated data center problem causing outages.

Unless you are calling MSN a bunch of liars, there is nothing to support your case.

585582505[/snapback]

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...w32.bropia.html read some information there please. Also, it says under 'Damage' that it "Downloads and executes remote files." Some of the remote files it downloads and executes includes spyware and another worm which specifically sends DOS Attacks to MSN Messenger (Hotmail) servers. :pinch:

Get your facts straight. And oh, please keep me posted on where you found your information. :sleep: :rolleyes:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...w32.bropia.html read some information there please. Also, it says under 'Damage' that it "Downloads and executes remote files." Some of the remote files it downloads and executes includes spyware and another worm which specifically sends DOS Attacks to MSN Messenger (Hotmail) servers.  :pinch:

Get your facts straight. And oh, please keep me posted on where you found your information.  :sleep:  :rolleyes:

585582530[/snapback]

Yes, this virus spreads via MSN Messenger. Where in that article does it state that it lead to a service outage? It doesn't appear to although I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing.

Refer to http://news.com.com/MSN+Messenger+outage+b..._3-5568012.html

Its simple the msn messenger service just plain sucks. Dont get me wrong I like msn messenge and use it all the time, but this is not the first this year that the messenger service has went down. No other messenger service goes down as much as msn. Plus they have had hotmail/msn,chat and group problems. If you ever hang out in the msn rooms if anyone has a problem they say oh great msn is having problems again. People dont say that as thier first response cuase msn dont have problems all the time. They have problems and have them problems more than any other messenger, chat room or email provider I have ever used. I use it and like it just dont like all the problems they have with messenger. You just have to put up with it or if you dislike it enough stop using it. People are saying its a virus and you should knoa better than to get infected thats funny. Everyone dont know about computer or viruses. And dont know about a virus is spreading using msn messenger. Why not blame msn for not having better servers or better security if anyone wants to start blaming someone or something for this. The way I look at it msn has problems with everything they offer msn messenger, hotmail/msn, chat, and groups, they aint doing something right cuase like I said they have these problems more than anyone else. Just put up with it or leave msn for good.

Mine is working fine but services status show me

Sign In

The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later.

Last Update: 3/7/2005 11:43:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

post-54974-1110226585.jpg

:rofl:

Mine is working fine but services status show me

Sign In

The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later.

Last Update: 3/7/2005 11:43:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

post-54974-1110226585.jpg

:rofl:

585582577[/snapback]

That picture is funny every time.... :laugh:

How long did it take u 2 type that? ^^

585582571[/snapback]

WHY DOES EVERYONE USE THAT PICTURE FOR MSN??

585582587[/snapback]

Why are you typing the most meaningless posts? :wacko:

I got kicked out some minutes ago, but it's working again. (Y)

Why are you typing the most meaningless posts?  :wacko:

I got kicked out some minutes ago, but it's working again. (Y)

585582605[/snapback]

Lol aren't you the same person who just started a pointless thread and then amended it to read nothing at all

Why are you typing the most meaningless posts??:wacko::

I got kicked out some minutes ago, but it's working again.(Y))

585582605[/snapback]

How about you stop asking about my posting mate, looks like your trying to bump ur post count by askin me meaningless questions!

Lol aren't you the same person who just started a pointless thread and then amended it to read nothing at all

585582614[/snapback]

Could you point me or something, I'm not much of a threadstarter you see.. Often only when I need help with something.

@Gowcra... I didn't want you to answer it.. I hoped you would stay out of this thread after not posting anything usefull. Which (if you read) I did in mine..