The Best Football (Soccer) Match you have watched?

I have 2 best matches i have ever watched and they were Both in the same season

FA Cup Semi Final Replay: Arsenal V Man Utd: 1998/1999 Season

Man Utd won 2-1

That match was amazing! 1-1 90th Minute and Arsenal get a Penalty and Peter Schmeichel saves it :D So many chances in that match....

Then Ryan Giggs scores the one of the Goals of the Century and runs the picth and scores to bring Man Utd to the Final.

UEFA Champions League Final: Man Utd V Bayan Munich 1998/1999 Season

Man Utd won 2-1

Bayan Munich scored in the 6th Minute, they hit the post and bar late on in the match. Then at 1-0 90th Minute united have a Corner and Teddy Sheringham scored to Level it, then at 92nd Minute another corner and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scores and United Win It!!

So whats Your greatest match you have ever Watched?

one of the best soccer matches i can remember from recently that i have watched was the champions league final of milan vs juventus at the old trafford...cant remmeber the exact year but that game was awesome! same with the one in new york for the intercontinental cup if im not mistaken

Ajax - Bayern Munich

It was the Champions League semi final of 1995. Ajax won the game with 5 goals against 2 with brilliant goals by Jari Litmanen and Finidi.

Easily the best match I have ever seen.

Goals Ajax: Litmanen Jari (11, 47), Finidi George (41), Boer de Ronald (45), Overmars Marc (89)

Goals Bayern: Witeczek Marcel (36), Scholl Mehmet (75 pen.)

Another vote goes to the FA Cup Semi Final Replay: Arsenal V Man Utd: 1998/1999 season which set Man Utd. on their way to the treble. It was such an awesome game that had everything, a sending off, a last-minute missed penalty from Bergkamp, a sending off at a crucial stage of the game, a disallowed goal in extra time, an injured Schmeichel having to carry on in the match because all the subs were used up and of course.... THAT goal from Giggs. Need I say more...

Czech Replublic vs. Holland in last year's Euro Cup was the best game I've seen from what I remember. I recorded all the games from the Euro, which means its time to watch that game again.

The most recent would be the one being discussed here.

Champions League 2005 2nd leg

Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona

585588315[/snapback]

Yep Agree :)

Newcastle United 3 - 2 Barcelona

'Tino doing the business.

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Manchester United

One of the most unexpected scorelines in a long time, given how well both teams were playing in '96.

By the way, I'm not being biased towards Newcastle games, so don't say it, these are genuinely my favourite matches. :yes:

Another vote goes to the FA Cup Semi Final Replay: Arsenal V Man Utd: 1998/1999 season which set Man Utd. on their way to the treble. It was such an awesome game that had everything, a sending off, a last-minute missed penalty from Bergkamp, a sending off at a crucial stage of the game, a disallowed goal in extra time, an injured Schmeichel having to carry on in the match because all the subs were used up and of course.... THAT goal from Giggs. Need I say more...

585588143[/snapback]

Yup! That mach had everything in It!

Man Utd won 2-1

That match was amazing! 1-1 90th Minute and Arsenal get a Penalty and Peter Schmeichel saves it :D So many chances in that match....

Then Ryan Giggs scores the one of the Goals of the Century and runs the picth and scores to bring Man Utd to the Final.

Man Utd won 2-1

Bayan Munich scored in the 6th Minute, they hit the post and bar late on in the match. Then at 1-0 90th Minute united have a Corner and Teddy Sheringham scored to Level it, then at 92nd Minute another corner and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scores and United Win It!!

585588077[/snapback]

have to agree with u there! greatest matches ever!!!!!! :D :D :D

The Bayan Munich/United match for me was great simply because of the fashion of the way United won the cup and complete the treble, however the game as a whole, speaking as a neutral if I were to be one, was not great - or that is to say, not as great as the Arsenal/Man Utd game or several other games that were more entertaining.

Some of y'all must remember the Newcastle/Liverpool game that Liverpool went on to win 4-3. That was another awesome game. And there's been plenty in the previous World Cups which I can't think to mention at this point...

Some of y'all must remember the Newcastle/Liverpool game that Liverpool went on to win 4-3. That was another awesome game.

Yes!! This is my fav match ever!! :D

I can't quite get over the recent tie between Inter and Sampdoria. The conclusion defies all logic and reason, and I'm not sure we'll see another game like it in a while. It was utterly surreal. Check out the match commentary on the Inter website if you want to hear the commentator having a coronary.

Match Highlights (Baffling Comeback!)

Inter Milan

Obafemi Martins (88)

Christian Vieri (90)

Alvaro Recoba (90)

Sampdoria

Max Tonetto (44)

Vitaly Kutuzov (82)

Wow, Juventus have just sent Real Madrid crashing out of the Champions League in extra-time! Gripping drama, frayed emotions, and a thrilling match right until the very end.

this topic seems to be full of totally blinkered mancs.....

Anyone who knows anything about football will know that the BEST game ever was Liverpool's 5-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in 1988/89 season.

Total football at its best, although another good game was the 2-1 win by Arsenal over Liverpool in 1989....final minute goal to win the championship, broke my heart but what a match!!

Anyone remember England 4 - 1 Holland in Euro 96....another classic!

Anyone remember England 4 - 1 Holland in Euro 96....another classic!

585597896[/snapback]

I remember that one!

england 5 - 1 germany i enjoyed that one :yes:

also the other week when cambridge beat oxford 2-1 with tudor scoring the winning goal in extra time when we had been losing 1-0 :D not the greatest game ever as its league 2 football i know but i hadnt jumped up and down that much wen my team scored in a long while

as for the best game ever england 4 - 1 holland as gotta be up ther along with chelsea barcelona the other night

FA Cup Final 1979

Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd

Scorers:

Arsenal: Talbot 12; Stapleton 43; Sunderland 89

Man Utd: McQueen 86; McIlroy 88

HT: 2-0

I'm not really a football fan, but this one was a brilliant game.

Man Utd won 2-1

Man Utd won 2-1

585588077[/snapback]

r u a man u fan by ne chance :shifty:

The best match I have never seen is the final of the World Cup 1998 In france

France 3 - 0 Brazil

2 Goals of Zidane and 1 of Petit at the last minute of the second half time..

Otherwise, I remember of 2 other football matches

St Etienne 5 - 1 Marseille , 5 Goals of the Brazilian panther of St Etienne, Alex Dias de Almeira (it was the 12/19/1999)

The match of Monaco in the Champions League last year against Real Madrid. Monaco had won 3-1 !!! What a great match

r u a man u fan by ne chance  :shifty:

585598810[/snapback]

:whistle: :D

I will also go with germany 1 - 5 england... Great game, after germany scored the early first goal we thought it was over but we struggled back to get the goal difference we needed... And all scores where liverpool players I believe? Cant remember who scored for germany, maybe it was Hamann? :p But for england it was germany, owen (3), gerrard, heskey... What a game...

Also more recently, england portugal, not that great of a game really but after portugal scored in overtime and we thought it was over, then campbell scored, and it was ruled a foul... But then came the goal that made the game go into penalties and the rest is best forgotten....

Just have to mention liverpool - olympiakos, omg what a game!! Needed to win with 2 goals, and then rivaldo scored so we had to score at least 3 goals... It was nervracking, 1-1 was managed easy, but it was approaching 90 minutes and finally miller scored! Just one more goal needed, olympiakos was working hard atr the back, then finaly, in the 89th minute a wonderful strick from steven gerrard found the back of the net! 3-1, and we liverpool were through on goal difference....

And sweden holland was a exciting game! I have never seen so many shoots in a match hit the bar and post... What a thriller...

Vfb Stutgardt - Werder Bremen 4:4 (last bundesliga season) :)

and

and the best game i DONT LIKED is Fc Bayern - Man u. 1:2 (99 CL finals)

grr im a big FCB fan and i dont liked the lucky win of Man u. !! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: