• McAfee Firewall
    • Zone Alarm (Pro)
    • Sygate Firewall
    • Outpost
    • Any *nix solution
    • Windows XP Built-In
    • Other

Question

i'm so sick of these threads poping up every single week. so here's the one and only thread you should need untill the end of your life. moderator can modify poll entries to update.

BEST FIREWALL

NIS2kx!!!! that, along with SNORT and IPTables are the best... But yet again... the only Firewall that will do it's job 99.99% of the time... is the old time favorite that nobody actually knows about... is the :o HARDWARE FIREWALL :o

Originally posted by SyS_Reactor

Have you been attacked yet?

ICF / Tiny / Mcafee / Zonealarm Combo in XP :D

btw... running a combination of Firewalls will only slow your internet down because all the traffic will have to go through a few firewalls before it can just get out or into your computer.

norton personal firewall.

it keeps alerting me every day that there are attempts to get into my computer from an unknown ip address. it blocks it everytime.

whether this is true or not, i will never know.

but i haven't had any probs so far.

Kerio's flawless, had no problems accessing computers on the LAN, and no internet sharing troubles either. ZoneAlarm is getting bloated IMO, with the new crappy GUI in version 3, and making it more of a hassle to reach the advanced features. It didn't work comfortably with internet sharing either.

The best firewall would have to be Norton Internet Security/Personal Firewall 2002

Personal Firewall 2003 is better now :p

/me waits for Personal Firewall 2004

I'm using Outpost Firewall..

I'm intrigued by Outpost now, but I'd like to know why people seem to like it over other software firewall solutions. I'm currently using NIS 2003 by the way.