• AVG
    • NOD32
    • PC-Cilin
    • Panda
    • Kaspersky
    • Other
    • F-Prot

Question

i'm so sick of these threads poping up every single week. so here's the one and only thread you should need untill the end of your life. moderator can modify poll entries to update.

BEST ANTIVIRUS

when i got the nimda virus a couple months ago, mcafee f*cked over my computer. then after reformatting and installing winxp again, i happened to aquire another copy of the nimda virus again, so that time i chose to use norton antivirus 2002, which DID work.

so i vote NAV. the tribe has spoken.:D :p ;)

McCaffe detect almost every virus but his real time monitoring can really slow down any PC no matter how fast it is.

NAV doesn't slow my PC and his operation is practically transparent BUT it can't detect every virus and sending it to Symantec doesn't help as I discovered when I sended a new virus patter a month ago and today NAV still can't identify it.

Innoculate-It PE was a very good and free alternative (and it detected this virus NAV can't) but sadly it was descontinued by Computer Associates, now only a comercial and more advanced version of Innoculate-It it's available, EZ-Antivirus and also doesn't slow my PC, a very good performer (and less expensive than the previous ones).

Originally posted by username

everyone knows what not to do to get a virus

LMFAO... AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

God... if you only knew what virii/trojan programmers were capable of. They can get it past you if you have every Anti-Virus/Firewall running...

don't be to sure of yourself.

NAV all the way!

i haven't had any probs with it...so no reason to change :)

i get free VET AnitVirus versions on cd in the mail, but i never use it.

Originally posted by nemo

LMFAO... AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

God... if you only knew what virii/trojan programmers were capable of. They can get it past you if you have every Anti-Virus/Firewall running...

don't be to sure of yourself.

Well I have had one virus in over 5 years and it was about 5 years ago from sharing floppies on a school computer

I really don't see what is so funny about it though, I dont waist CPU cycles and RAM and pay money either running a virus scan

Like fr33k said...NAV corp truly rocks. It does what it's supposed to do w/o messing up the works.:knocked:

Originally posted by username

Well I have had one virus in over 5 years and it was about 5 years ago from sharing floppies on a school computer

I really don't see what is so funny about it though, I dont waist CPU cycles and RAM and pay money either running a virus scan

lol "waste cpu cycles and ram"

.. what are you on ?! a 120mhz machine with 16 meg ram ?!

i can send anyone using nav2002 a virus that nav can't detect and they WILL SEE how well protected they are with nav

mcafee and ez-antivirus detect this virus from a month ago

Originally posted by Gambito

i can send anyone using nav2002 a virus that nav can't detect and they WILL SEE how well protected they are with nav

mcafee and ez-antivirus detect this virus from a month ago

ofcuase:right: and what virus would that be?

It's a worm, McAfee give it this name: "perniw" (weird name), EZ-Antivirus give it another name i can't remember.

If you want to be infected I can send it to you :evil: