PCWorld.com - Secret Tweaks

stupid thread

He is right, the thread is labeled "Secret Tweaks" and their are none. Instead you get poor overclocking advice, bad thermal advice (Heatpipes are less efficient then active cooling) and pointless advice like moving Temp files? Mix in random hardware advice for the Canon EOS, Nomad Zen and the Radeon XP and you get a "stupid thread" labeled "secret tweaks". :rolleyes:

He is right, the thread is labeled "Secret Tweaks" and their are none. Instead you get poor overclocking advice, bad thermal advice (Heatpipes are less efficient then active cooling) and pointless advice like moving Temp files? Mix in random hardware advice for the Canon EOS, Nomad Zen and the Radeon XP and you get a "stupid thread" labeled "secret tweaks". :rolleyes:

585766555[/snapback]

Yeah! I understand that this thread to some people is "stupid" :( and to others, its been a really, really big help. Mastertech, I know you mentioned that this thread is stupid, but can you help me out by giving me some other links or 'tweaks' that are not classified as being stupid. Also, I am trying to keep this thread alive, because I know that more users may find this information useful. So, if anyone has any extra links or tweaks that they would like to share, feel free to PM me or post them.

Thanks,

Frank :D

Edited by FrankDaTank86

• 2 weeks later...

:hmmm: well for noobs is one good guide though :p thanks anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

like id take advice from PCworld doods heheheh. :no:

the only worthy tip was the CL Zen one (and this one id read elsewhere before)

Try some other pages like listed below

Windows XP A to Z

TweakXP

you would find almost everything they have listed as "secret tweaks" (sniggers)