2006 BMW 7 Series

i liked the 2005 7 series a lot more than this new gen, but as soon as i saw the alpina b7 (the new gen 7 series), i was hooked

here are some images

BMW_alpina_b7-273-1024.jpg

BMW_alpina_b7-270-1024.jpg

BMW_alpina_b7-267-1024.jpg

BMW_alpina_b7-264-1024.jpg

BMW_alpina_b7-265-1024.jpg

BMW_alpina_b7-266-1024.jpg

I always liked the other 7 Series, and at first I didn't like it with this facelift, although it's beginning to grow on me, and I don't mind it so much anymore.

It's still ugly, but not as ugly without the droopy eyed headlights. It needs some more improvment. All of the BMWs need design improvement now. It's amazing how BMWs went from some of the sleekest and most beautiful luxury cars to being one of the ugliest.

• 2 weeks later...

Little off topic here. But does the new 7 series have a good stock sound system. I hear alot about the other features, but i dont really hear anything about the sound. Does anybody know if it has a good sound system?

i actually like it (Y)(Y)  very nice

585789497[/snapback]

Does it have good bass? Or is it over all clear?

now i wanna show off my old BMW two doors 840, can't find any up on the BMW website! they discontinued that serries in 98, mine is 94!

got the money to buy the car but, can't afford the gas!!! damn! (off topic)

about the new 7 series, i like the interior, looks sexy and clean! exterior? ugly somehow!

It's still ugly, but not as ugly without the droopy eyed headlights.  It needs some more improvment.  All of the BMWs need design improvement now.  It's amazing how BMWs went from some of the sleekest and most beautiful luxury cars to being one of the ugliest.

585683518[/snapback]

no you just have bad taste, what do you say the most sleek luxury car is?

the new 5 series is damn seksi

as opposed to bmw not making nice looking cars before?  wtf?

585626699[/snapback]

BMW's 7-series is widely criticized as having an ugly design. Some people like it, but most don't.

it's all about the '85 635CSi imho. found one around here for $2k and almost picked it up, bit it needed work and I just banged up my Camaro... just didn't have the time and dollars for it... it was sad.

the 840 was powerballin, superdude. that car RULED.

Does it have good bass?  Or is it over all clear?

585789511[/snapback]

it has great settings for the base etc. sound is great, i dont remember how many speakers there are but trust me - play banging music on it as i did and you'll hear that it is a great sound system.

(ps lexus has a better one though)

The sound system in the 7er's sucks. Logic and HK :(

The Mark Levinson in the LS430 is miles above ANY other 'premium' system from any car manufacturer at the time.

Hell, even my 10 year old LS400's Nakamichi blew any premium system (except the Mark Levinson's) out of the water.

Sad... But then again, only a fool buys a car just because of a 'sound system'. :)

An Ugly car made uglier.

Sorry, I dont like this new direction of BMW, I like change (Audi have done it well) but BMW, i dont know, they dont look like BMW's

585626722[/snapback]

I agree with you straight up, dude! They have ruined my baby :cry:

It's growing on me but I'd still prefer the current 7 series over the 2006 version.

It's just so much nicer.. the tail lights are kick ass. They've made it too vw jetta/toyota-like with the new one. :(

Little off topic here. But does the new 7 series have a good stock sound system. I hear alot about the other features, but i dont really hear anything about the sound. Does anybody know if it has a good sound system?

585789351[/snapback]

I love BMWs (and I own one), but their stock sound systems suck some major balls given the amount of money you're spending. I haven't heard the stereo in the new 7, but while I imagine it is adequate I wouldn't expect it to blow you away.

I love BMWs (and I own one), but their stock sound systems suck some major balls given the amount of money you're spending. I haven't heard the stereo in the new 7, but while I imagine it is adequate I wouldn't expect it to blow you away.

585790809[/snapback]

What kind of BMW do you have? My daily is a MY2004 X5 4.4i.

I got the DSP 'premium' sound. It's a piece of crap. The highs are tinny and they whine at high volume, and the bass just comes out of two really crappy 6" subs in the cargo area. Not enough thought went into making the sound seem even half-assed. Looking forward to putting in possibly two 10's sometime, but I don't want to lose the already precious cargo space I have now.