directx 9c

Question

hi there peeps

i have DX9b on my cmp now but when i wanna install DX9c the setup actually skips the installation part(the part where u see the progress bar) and ends at the last page saying "The components installed are now ready for use" but it actually have not been installed, when i enter dxdiag.exe its still DX9b i have also d/led the version from microsoft still no luck

any ideas???

thnx

14 answers to this question

I have a similar problem. I currently have DirectX 8.1, the Windows Updater never listed a newer version for me, even though I knew there was a newer version for a long time now, I always figured I'd install it when it was listed. Tonight I went to the DirectX homepage (microsoft.com/directx) and downloaded it, when I click to install, it just goes to a window that says "The components are installed and ready for use", but there wasn't a progress bar or anything. I thought for a second it was just a really fast installation, but running DxDiag shows i'm still using DirectX 8.1

I hope someone else has encountered this problem before and found a solution. :unsure:

direct x is avery quick intsall. have you tried rebooting. the changes probably dont take effect till that has happened.

585704036[/snapback]

I've rebooted, dozens of times, tried installing it a dozen times. Still the same result, DirectX 8.1 is the version installed.

which verion have you got. if i remebr right, the resist verision (or words to that effect) is the only verison that will install off line. perhaps you download the more popular DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime version. youwill only be able to install this whenyou are online. if you were always online, then i have kno clue, sorry! if you tried installing that off line, then it wont work

Go to www.download.com and in search put directx. You will get all direct downloads from 8.0 to 9.0c. Download the complete dx 9.0c redist program (33meg) and save file to a folder on hd. Then click on directx_9c_redist.exe and your direct x 9c will be installed. This way you are installing dx 9c from hard drive and not microsoft web site.. Note this is the redistribution dx9c that you use to install ofline

Go to www.download.com and in search put directx.  You will get all direct downloads from 8.0 to 9.0c.  Download  the complete dx 9.0c redist program (33meg) and save file to a folder on hd.  Then click on directx_9c_redist.exe  and your direct x 9c will be installed. This way you are installing dx 9c from hard drive and not microsoft web site.. Note this is the redistribution dx9c that you use to install ofline

585706264[/snapback]

I also have the same problem, and I have done this already, but it doesn't work. BTW my platform is W2K3, what are others using?

cs

I'm using DirectX 9.0c, I downloaded both the web-installer and the redist package, the same thing happens with both. I'm using Windows XP SP2. I found some advice elsewhere that suggested a registry key to delete (the key that supposedly tells the installer which version of directx you have), but deleting the key doesn't change anything (upon rebooting the key is back in place). I tried a DirectX uninstall utility, which really does nothing, after rebooting I have the same version of DirectX I do right now, and the installers still exhibit the same behavior.

I'm about out of ideas, I guess formatting really seems like my only option.

I managed to fix the problem for myself, but I don't think the solution can help the OP as he said he was using Win2k3.

I uninstalled Windows XP SP2 and reinstalled it. That resolved the problem and I'm now using DirectX 9.0c

Thanks for the help everyone.

The reason it wasn't installing was that you were using SP2. SP2 automatically installs directx 9.0c, hence when you attempt installation it appears to skip over the installation, when in fact it merely verified that it was installed. Your uninstalling SP2 removed directx 9.0c, reverting to your previous version. Therefore, when u subsequently attempted installation, it obviously seemed to install.

- Hope that helps,

- Dominic

:blink: Hello guys

On the contrary me i have downloaded DirectX 9.0c and installed it,i have it now.The problem is that my computer cant load any game now,i would want to you if there is a way to come back to version 8.1 on windows 2000 computer.

-_-"

I have a similar problem.  I currently have DirectX 8.1, the Windows Updater never listed a newer version for me, even though I knew there was a newer version for a long time now, I always figured I'd install it when it was listed.  Tonight I went to the DirectX homepage (microsoft.com/directx) and downloaded it, when I click to install, it just goes to a window that says "The components are installed and ready for use", but there wasn't a progress bar or anything.  I thought for a second it was just a really fast installation, but running DxDiag shows i'm still using DirectX 8.1

I hope someone else has encountered this problem before and found a solution.  :unsure:

585701890[/snapback]

I got the same problem with all options. But the following will solve the problems.

You need both the 9.0b and 9.0c full versions. Unzip both version to its respective folder. Then copy and paste the following from 9.0b to 9.0c:

dxsetup

dsetup32.dll

DSETUP.dll

Then run the dxsetup from 9.0c folder. follow instructions..and you on.

rj

hi there peeps

i have DX9b on my cmp now but when i wanna install DX9c the setup actually skips the installation part(the part where u see the progress bar) and ends at the last page saying "The components installed are now ready for use" but it actually have not been installed, when i enter dxdiag.exe its still DX9b i have also d/led the version from microsoft still no luck

any ideas???

thnx

Here how a fix the problem.

You need:

Directx 9b Full

Directx 9c Full

Directx Eradicator 2.0

Use Dxdiag to make shure the directx 9b is Ok.

1. Make a restore point using windows system restore

2. Create a folder and unzip directx 9b to it

3. Create another folder and unzip directx 9c to it

4. Replace the files dxsetup.exe, dsetup32.dll and DSETUP.dll from 9.0b to 9.0c

5. Use DxEradicator 2.0 to unistall the Directx 9b in your system (System will reboot with some errors)

6. Install Dxsetup from de folder 9c (System will reboot)

7. Using system restore, restore to the point you created on the step 2

8. run Dxdiag and its done.

A file Directx Rollback Wizard will be created on your desktop - You can delete it !

That worked for me, I hope it works for you.