Drivers standing:

G.Fisichella 10

R.Barrichello 8

F.Alonso 6

Constructors standing:

Renault 16

Ferrari 8

Red Bull Racing 7

I guess Mclaren will be strong in malaysia and it was evident from the friday's practise timings. Go Mclaren!

Ferrari's my fav team (has been since I got into F1 in '96), but I really hope they struggle this season. Living in the US, I usually need to wake up @ 5:30 AM local time to watch the qualifying and race. It's much easier to wake up to the excitement of not knowing who will win.

Ferrari are currently racing with last season's car whereas other teams are already using their new cars. Lets see if Ferrari becomes more competitive once they use their new car.

Well heres the standings after 28 of the overall 56 laps

1 F Alonso (Renault)

2 J Trulli (Toyota)

3 G Fisichella (Renault)

4 M Webber (Williams)

5 R Schumacher (Toyota)

6 N Heidfeld (Williams)

7 J Montoya (McLaren)

8 R Barrichello (Ferrari)

Edited by Saxamaphone

alonso just won! ferrari not having a good start. full result:

1 F Alonso (Renault)

2 J Trulli (Toyota)

3 N Heidfeld (Williams)

4 R Schumacher (Toyota)

5 J Montoya (McLaren)

6 D Coulthard (Red Bull)

7 M Schumacher (Ferrari)

8 C Klien (Red Bull)

Great drive by Fernando and Trulli. I think the incident between Webber and Fisichella was really really stupid and totally unnecessary. Can't imagine Webber getting impatient to overtake and that costed him a podium. From how I see it, Webber should be blamed because he didnt give much room for Fisichella and also considering Fisichella's condition, Webber should have been smart enough to overtake much later instead of colliding with each other. Anyway, great to see different faces on the podium after 2 races. Hope we'll have an interesting season this time around rather than a Ferrari domination.

Looks like Alonso and Renault are claiming the throne :) Looking forward to the next race, when the new Ferrari will make it's debut, and will clear things up.

Fernando did a good race... but he was very exhausted in the end! Too bad Webber and Fisichella didn't classify... I mean they were doing good too.

G0 fernando!

I hoped Webber would get the podium slot but the incident was really stupid from my point of view...really disappointed with his driving just now.

Shocked to see Ferrari without any pace. Surely can't be the car, must be the tyres, very surprising.

Great to see Renault at full speed. Alonso is a fantastic driver and Trulli also in Toyata - congrats to them on their first grand prix podium and Nick Heidfield also in the Williams, I didn't think he was that good of a driver but looks like Williams made the right decision.

The new season has started very well with some strong performances by Renault, Wasn't predicting that at the end of the last year and we will have to see how the new rules are being played out. I think they need stronger tyres for the whole race.

Where was BAR? 2 engine failures, come on, this is Honda we are talking about. Honda = reliable, very surprising. Lets hope they can fix that soon

honda placed a new engine in the BAR- thats why it failed, by new i mean a new designed engine- probably wasnt fully tested- even then it should have lasted longer than 3laps.!!

well done to renualt team- done a very good job- but shame about webber- from my point of view it was a racing incident- webber left him plenty of space on the inside- fisichella just went into the turn just too fast and ended up sliding in the side of webbers car.

but the biggest dsiappointment was kimi's puncture- :( he got out of his first pit stop and jumped 2 places- then bam.!! puncture and lost all that hard work.. ferrari will definatly up thier game- they came to malaysia knowing they didnt have a good package- ferrari can definatly turn it around- but BAR this season seem to very off the performance-as Button said on TV.

Sad day for BAR, very unlucky.

Shuhei Nakamoto, Honda Engineering Director: "We're sorry to the team and drivers about the engine problems. At the moment we think it is the same problem as yesterday. We will be getting a countermeasure in place in time for the Bahrain Grand Prix."

What a douche.

I feel bad for Davidson, 3rd start and he still hasn't managed to finish a race. But I'm sure they'll turn it around.

:hmmm: good for Alonso made one perfect race, now about Ferrari team simply WAIT Schummy and Barrichelo :devil: :devil: nothing as one day after another :p trust me

Highlight of the race? Seeing Schumacher (M.) get lapped by Alonso ^_^

585644254[/snapback]

Schumacher was not lapped by alonso mate,

What race were you watching