Net Connection. What is yours?

What type of internet connection are you using?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What type of internet connection are you using?

• 56k Dialup
    • Cable
    • DSL
    • ISDN
    • Satellite (HST)
    • Other (please specify with post)

Glad to see nobody is using dial-up. Also, I challenge anyone who thinks they might have a faster download connection than me. I live in a small town, where nothing but idiots work. The advantage? My cable connection has no limit whatsoever. It is supposed to run at 3Mbit (3000Kbit), which works out to 375KB/sec max. However, I never download at anything below 700KB/sec, with ATI's website giving me 1.25MB/sec and Microsoft's website sometimes giving me 2.20MB/sec (my personal record)!

holy crap my cable is like 6500kbits.. and thats 812.5kb/s i only acheived about 630kb/s download which was phenomenal to me cause my 3000kbit connection could only get 300+kb/s and even after it was upgraded to 6500 for free i still got 300+kb/s most of the time

6mbit cable here. It's gone as fast as 4mbytes/sec but it really depends on the source. Sadly, I don't think this is very fast. When I was in res at university, 11+ mbytes/sec transfers was an everyday occurence. Oh, the memories.

My Net connection is a wireless DSL using Netgear.

585641010[/snapback]

So you have DSL then...

*shakes head*

... and it isn't wireless, you just have a wireless network ...

I don't know the exact speed of my cable connection, but the fastest connection I have achieved was about 750kbytes/sec. The upload is severly capped, and can only get 60kbytes/sec.

Supposedly 5,1 Mbps ;)

I got this cable isp. So far so good. The only thing is that sometimes I lose connection but beside that it works great!!! I recommend it for people that live in montreal like me :happy: . I just wish that they would put unlimited transfers but 40gb down and 10gb up isnt THAT bad...

Glad to see nobody is using dial-up. Also, I challenge anyone who thinks they might have a faster download connection than me. I live in a small town, where nothing but idiots work. The advantage? My cable connection has no limit whatsoever. It is supposed to run at 3Mbit (3000Kbit), which works out to 375KB/sec max. However, I never download at anything below 700KB/sec, with ATI's website giving me 1.25MB/sec and Microsoft's website sometimes giving me 2.20MB/sec (my personal record)!

585641065[/snapback]

Hey man, My brother's net connection actually matches or maybe faster than that, he works for internode (in australia) and they supply the government with internet connections, so when my bro is at work he gets some insanely high download rate, especially high off of microsoft.com.

So you have DSL then...

*shakes head*

... and it isn't wireless, you just have a wireless network ...

585641106[/snapback]

oh yeah. wireless router. thanx for pointing out the mistake