Sony Jap PSP firmware update (1.5)

No offense, but if you're asking all these questions, I'm sure you're not the person to get the WiFi update.

WiFi is a way of wireless communication. If you don't have a wireless network or network card, don't even think of updating your PSP using WiFi.

Just download in the file ( http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/upd...e4b24/EBOOT.PBP ), put it in a new folder on your memorystick (...\PSP\GAMES\UPDATE), connect the power cable and start the update in the PSP's games menu.

:yes:

Well it seams to make the bootup nicer as the PSP logoo fades out now and also quicker to switch off and it blips the led at you when it is just switched off as last time it was guess work. Also the Battrey Meter seams to be more spot on for time left in the battry. Playing a mixture of RR and Minya golf seams to have got 6 and a half hour out of it with sound on medium and screen on medium too.

Top notch update, though pictures as backgrounds would of been nice.

Well it seams to make the bootup nicer as the PSP logoo fades out now and also quicker to switch off and it blips the led at you when it is just switched off as last time it was guess work. Also the Battrey Meter seams to be more spot on for time left in the battry. Playing a mixture of RR and Minya golf seams to have got 6 and a half hour out of it with sound on medium and screen on medium too.

Top notch update, though pictures as backgrounds would of been nice.

585666569[/snapback]

Yeah I noticed that. I'm just hoping Sony release another firmware update that include custom backgrounds and maybe a web browser - that would be cool!

No offense, but if you're asking all these questions, I'm sure you're not the person to get the WiFi update.

WiFi is a way of wireless communication. If you don't have a wireless network or network card, don't even think of updating your PSP using WiFi.

Just download in the file ( http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/upd...e4b24/EBOOT.PBP ), put it in a new folder on your memorystick (...\PSP\GAMES\UPDATE), connect the power cable and start the update in the PSP's games menu.

:yes:

585664451[/snapback]

I downloaded the update from that link, put it in the psp in the folders as above and it says data corrupted :no:

I downloaded the update from that link, put it in the psp in the folders as above and it says data corrupted :no:

585675027[/snapback]

try downloading again maybe? I didnt have that problem :s

ye i wanna know how to actually make the update as well

i have downloaded the update..put ma psp into the usb port and into the usb mode but dont know which folder to send the file to.

585663711[/snapback]

Can't you just update through "Network Update" under setting in the PSP? Or does the JAP version not have that feature?