Motorola V635 or Motorola V3?

Which should I get?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• V635
    • V3
    • Other (please post)

I want a phone that is going to last me a while, and I've been looking at these two the most. I need a phone that is GSM 850 compatible, and it also needs to be a flip phone, have a second external display, have a camera, and be decently stylish (i.e. not ugly). What do y'all think? Thanks!

The v3 might look cool, BUT the v635 has video recording, contains a megapixel camera and its memory is expandable.

I'd go with the v635. It would last more...

Does anybody know what the main menu screen of the V635 looks like? The only screenshot I can find of it has these 4 icons covering the entire screen, and I don't want those on there, so I don't wanna get a phone that has it like that.

Does anybody know what the main menu screen of the V635 looks like? The only screenshot I can find of it has these 4 icons covering the entire screen, and I don't want those on there, so I don't wanna get a phone that has it like that.

585681360[/snapback]

If it's anything like the v551, those are the home key images which can be hidden if so desired.

I would go with the v636. The V3 is enormous and ugly in my opinion.

585681360[/snapback]

I think you can change that

I would save v635 just because I have a v600 and it has very solid construction. However I have never used or seen a v3 Razr in person so can't comment one way or another on that one :/

If it's anything like the v551, those are the home key images which can be hidden if so desired.

I would go with the v636. The V3 is enormous and ugly in my opinion.

585681371[/snapback]

Thats right.

The v3 is only a fashion phone.

Isn't the V3 the same as the v6xx just in another shell? I though I read that somewhere on www.mobile-review.com

besides i'd go with a v6xx anyways... they're very nice :) and I've toyed with the v3 and the keyboard isn't my thing... on the other hand I'm really happy with my v525, which is a lesser version of the v6xx in essence

Isn't the V3 the same as the v6xx just in another shell? I though I read that somewhere on www.mobile-review.com

585681404[/snapback]

Yeah, they're the same, exept the v3 has a 252k display.

Yeah, they're the same, exept the v3 has a 252k display.

585681424[/snapback]

The V3's camera is VGA whereas the camera in the V635 is a megapixel camera.

The V3's camera is VGA whereas the camera in the V635 is a megapixel camera.

585681436[/snapback]

Yeah, I wrote that before in this topic. I compared the v600 with the the v3...

The v635 has a megapixel camera, 8x zoom, light, expandable memory and video recording.

The v3 is as previously said, a fashion phone, and I don't even think it looks that good.

v635 review-

http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004...o-v635-en.shtml

v3 review-

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-v3-en.shtml

If you want to see what a phone is like in real life go into a mobile phone shop and they will so you the handset and let you have a play-I always do that and then buy the phone online because it is cheaper :D

v635 review-

http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004...o-v635-en.shtml

v3 review-

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-v3-en.shtml

If you want to see what a phone is like in real life go into a mobile phone shop and they will so you the handset and let you have a play-I always do that and then buy the phone online because it is cheaper :D

585685633[/snapback]

Problem with that is that there are no Cingular stores in Pittsburgh (so I cannot try out the V3) and the V635 hasn't been released in the States yet.

Thanks for the links to the reviews!

It looks like the votes are tied right now... looks like I've still got some thinking to do!

v635 has more and/or better features and that's what you want, no?

585686516[/snapback]

Yes, and that's what I'm leaning towards... but the V3 is still damn sexy, IMHO. :wub: