Writing MAC disk images on a PC

i need to install mac OS 7.5.3 on a powerbook (5300CS) that someone gave me. From what i understand, if i boot it with the disk in it, it will start the installer, is this true?

I downloaded the 19 images off of apple, but now i need to know, can i make the images on PC disks from my PC, and install MacOS from that?

TIA

First of all it's "a Mac" not "a MAC". And it depends in what format the files are, but most of the time image files burned on a PC will work on a Mac the right way (at least the images I burned via Windows, maybe it was pure luck).

like i said, i have never used mac exstensively, and personally, i am not a big fan.

but anyway, the images are floppy images, no cd images. I can write them to a floppy with no problem, my question is will the macOS install itself if i boot off the disk, and will it work if it is a PC disk?

It's basically just an update for MacOS7.5 that offers more stability and is better suited to PowerPC machines.

I would recommend you pick up MacOS8.6 as it is pure PPC code, as opposed to mixed 68k / PPC and will run more modern apps (a lot of classic apps require 8.6 or higher). I've seen it on eBay for $10 - $20

i would, but like i said this is a powerbook 5300cs, and 8.6 would push it to hard i have heard.. I heard that 8.1 is a fair trade off of features and performance... Is 8.1 all PowerPC code? That would be nice.