Illinois or UNC?

Out of these two games this year...which was the best comeback??  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these two games this year...which was the best comeback??

• Illinois vs. Arizone (14 points 4 min comeback...8 points 1 min )
    • Louisville vs. West Virginia(20 point halftime deficit)

ya i started this so ima put the first reply i guess....

Im going with Illinois....their speed and depth off the bench I think will be too much for UNC to handle despite them being very talented. The guard tri the illini have is too strong..if one guard is havin an off night..the other two pick up the slack..and..as we saw tonight..if only one guard is hittin his shots..the big men pick up the slack(see roger powells performance)...Illinois..hands down..destiny

I'm going to go with the Illini. For 1 because I'm pulling for them, but for 2 it just doesn't seem like UNC wants it. They played one good half vs MSU and won, let Wisconsin stay close until the last 2 minutes, should've lost to Villanova except for a bogus call.

Whereas Illinois' close game comeback was against a very talented Arizona team, and they were pretty much in control the whole way through the Louisville game.

Here's the key stat: 4 of 23. The combined shooting of Salim Stoudamire and Fransisco Garcia in their games against the Illini defense and in particular Williams and Head.

I think the defense will help keep them in or keep UNC at bay during the game.

UNC! Because they got Sean May, which is strong and good in the inside and jumpers. They also got Felton and McCants which are awesome. They also know how to pass and they also have the speed to match Illinois.

hey j...nice point...but you arent givin augastine and powell enough respect down in the post..you think may is gonna walk all over illinois?? not gonna happen..and even if he does..they wont mind..b/c illinois' defense will be able to shut down unc's trio..if the game comes down to the wire.....you think unc has more heart than illinois??? NNNOOOPPPEEE...i can GUARANTEE AANNYY other team in the nation would have been DONE if they were down by 15 against ARIZONA with 4 minutes left......

ONE

I think May will get his double-double no matter what. Mich. St used three different guys on him to wear him down and he only got better as the game went on. I think the game's coming down to Illinois' 3-point shooting. If they stay hot like they've been pretty much all year, then I worry about UNC's chances. Their motion offense never stops. UNC's chances come down to Felton staying in the game and Marvin Williams waking up and playing like he did most of the season instead of during the tourney. And they CAN'T get too trigger-happy at the three-line. It's not their game. Either way I think it's going to be a great matchup. And I pick UNC of course because I can't go against my boys. :D

may will get a double double, i don't doubt that, but thats pretty much all they're gonna get. i guarantee you mccants and felton will look silly. illinois is faster, and more physical, mccants has a bad head on his shoulders, and will get frustrated easily. stoudamire and garcia are way better than any of UNC's outside guys, and they were able to do nothing. augustine, powell, hell even chainsaw smith and ingram are gonna be banging bodies all night long with may too. if may happens to get in foul trouble, UNC better look out.

all UNC's proven so far is that they can barely beat the #2 and #3 teams in the big 10 ;)

go illini!

UNC will probably win.  They have the best talent in the country, even though I can't stand them nor Illinois.

585722034[/snapback]

I agree with the talent and I also agree that I can't stand both of them even though I live in Illinois. The reason I can't stand UNC is that they are really big rivals of my favorite team DUKE. I can't stand Illinois because everyone is all jumpy about them. Illinois has a chance to beat them but if May, Felton, Williams and McCants can stop them it will be a long night for Illinois. The big thing like everyone is saying is the great outside shooting of Illinois, UNC has to find a way to stop it, they should try going man to man instead of 3-2 zone like Louisville did. This will be a good game, no doubt.

I like Duke too, but I have to pull for UNC; I hate Illinois. Either way, this will be an up and down game and hopefully UNC pulls it off.

all UNC's proven so far is that they can barely beat the #2 and #3 teams in the big 10

Big Ten homer! :p They didn't BARELY beat MSU. They destroyed them in the second half. I mean yeah Wisconsin put up a hell of a fight but MSU, who was supposedly more athletic and physical than UNC, just looked beat the entire second half.

UNC has to find a way to stop it, they should try going man to man instead of 3-2 zone like Louisville did.
And yeah, UNC normally plays man anyway so I'd expect them to stick with that.

you are leavin out the fact that the reason illinois has been so dominant and number 1 since december is that you CANT guard them...3-2 zone..1-2-2-...2-3...2-1-2..it doesnt matter...if you play zone..they smoke you with ball movement which creates open shots...if you play man...haa..well..their guards being as talented as they are have the ability(ESPECIALLY williams) to drive and dish...leaving easy lay-ins...teams cant stop this motion offense...the guards are way too skilled and way to smart..this will be a damn good game..illinois has the heart of a champion though..what did UNC do against duke with a chance to win the game??? NOTHING...they had PLENTY of time to set up a play..and run it ..at least get a damn shot off..nothin(do you really think they could have come back like illinois did against arizona)...illinois has the poise and heart if the game comes down to a final shot..one more thing...UNC better not try to keep up in the trifecta department...or they will get blown out..

ONE

Not just because I'm from Illinois but because they are simply the best NCAA basketball team this year.

There is a reason why they lost only once all year, that was probably the best thing to happen to the Illini. I couldn't image what pressure they would have added to themselves to go undefeated all year. If they didn't lose against Ohio St., they wouldn't of made it this far, IMO.

This will be the best NCAA basketball championship game since Duke's game winning shot with no time left.

My Pick is Illini 58 - NC 53

This will be the best NCAA basketball championship game since Duke's game winning shot with no time left.

If you're talking about Laettner's shot against UK in 1992, that wasn't a national championship game. It was a regional final (Elite Eight) matchup. Though I do believe top three if the THE best tourney game of all-time.

Will Illinois or UNC win?? Explain why you think so...

broken caps lock again? title edited

585718682[/snapback]

UNC by 5. I picked them before the tourney started, and I'm sticking with it.

If you're talking about Laettner's shot against UK in 1992, that wasn't a national championship game. It was a regional final (Elite Eight) matchup. Though I do believe top three if the THE best tourney game of all-time.

585725418[/snapback]

Thanks for catching that, i was 11 back them ;)

I can't wait for tonight's game :woot: