[f1] bahrain

What a race for fernando alonso. He never gave up first place and deserved to win. Sad for Michael Schumacher DNF, and for seven other drivers

Offical Results

1 5 Fernando Alonso Renault Winner

2 16 Jarno Trulli Toyota +13.4 secs

3 9 Kimi R?ikk?nen McLaren-Mercedes +32.0 secs

4 17 Ralf Schumacher Toyota +53.2 secs

5 10 Pedro de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes +64.9 secs

6 7 Mark Webber Williams-BMW +74.7 secs

7 12 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas +1 Lap

8 14 David Coulthard Red Bull Racing +1 Lap

9 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari +1 Lap

10 18 Tiago Monteiro Jordan-Toyota +2 Lap

11 11 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-Petronas +3 Lap

12 20 Patrick Friesacher Minardi-Cosworth +3 Lap

13 21 Christijan Albers Minardi-Cosworth +4 Lap

Ret 3 Jenson Button BAR-Honda +11 Lap

Ret 4 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda +30 Laps

Ret 8 Nick Heidfeld Williams-BMW +32 Laps

Ret 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari +45 Laps

Ret 6 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault +53 Laps

Ret 19 Narain Karthikeyan Jordan-Toyota +55 Laps

Ret 15 Christian Klien Red Bull Racing + secs

Source: http://www.formula1.com/race/result/734/8.html

Pedro De La Rosa did a superb job. He might have gotten on the podium had he not went off 2 times. Nevertheless, this is an interesting season indeed!

^ Interesting Season indeed Some interesting early questions though.

1) Will Ferrari make a comeback? Are they done this season?

2) Will Bar Honda ever fix their mechanical failures

3) Will Jacques Villeneuve be replaced or quit? Will he ever be strong contender again?

*dances* Ferrari's reign is over!

Blue and Yellow is the new Red...! :D  :D  :D

585719051[/snapback]

Thank god! I lost interest in F1 years ago because of Ferrari! I love this year though, so much more interesting and exciting to watch :)

De la Rosa ... wat a guy!

B4 this race i got to be honest n say i didnt rate him. Today he proved me wrong.

As for schumi.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

^ Interesting Season indeed Some interesting early questions though.

1) Will Ferrari make a comeback? Are they done this season?

2) Will Bar Honda ever fix their mechanical failures

3) Will Jacques Villeneuve be replaced or quit? Will he ever be strong contender again?

585719072[/snapback]

3) More than likely replaced.

But stick him in a competitive car and he will shine! :woot:

Thank god! I lost interest in F1 years ago because of Ferrari! I love this year though, so much more interesting and exciting to watch  :)

585719073[/snapback]

Clearly ferrari hating fanboys it still boring Alonso is just winning by 30secs instead of schumacher winning by 40secs how is it more exciting its been alonso then trulli all season, isn't this what they were trying to avoid? I wouldn't mind him winning if it was exciting but to me its just a different colour car storming to victory, if thats all they wanted why didn't they respray the ferrari?

And i think de le rosa was bad to day, sure he did well but he could of done so much better, but he kept wasting his time trying to over take when he had no chance, and ended up further away than before he started the move.

The empire of Ferrari continued to crumble with Michael Schumacher retiring early and Rubens Barrichello offering little resistance to an onslaught of passes.

Reanult on a roll this season... :)

:hmmm: good for Alonso it deserve of course, but wait people Schummy and Barrichello show the claw :devil: :devil:

I don't think the new Ferrari is all that good, it doesn't look as good as last years car, which was amazingly good looking. They (they being the teams) often say the best looking car will win.....this year, it's the Renualt. All other cars look too conservative...

And i think de le rosa was bad to day, sure he did well but he could of done so much better, but he kept wasting his time trying to over take when he had no chance, and ended up further away than before he started the move.

585719160[/snapback]

Well, considering he had been two and a half years without competing, I think he couldn't have done better, as Ron Dennis said.

Well, considering he had been two and a half years without competing, I think he couldn't have done better, as Ron Dennis said.

585726129[/snapback]

Exactly, great fun to watch though, driver of the race for me, That Mclaren was very fast. Surprised with Ferrari, they really need to improve quite a lot. Congrats to Renualt and Alonso, fantastic race

But where is BAR? What is gone wrong there :rolleyes: