xpsp2 auto update restart prompts

When i install an update off automatic update by clicking the ! in the taskbar (the shield) some of them want me to restart.

If i've ackknowleged this by clicking restart later as it usally becuase im still working on the pc

SO i do not need windows popping up every few mins saying i need to reboot I KNOW i'll do it when im good and ready.

is there a setting somewhere that can be changed to stop it popping up and saying updates you just installed need to reboot every few minutes becuase its annoying.

Hm, not sure about that.

I think the problem is that countless people would install the updates, but never get them applied because they never reboot.

In fact, I'm sure I'm guilty of that. My computer is never shut down or restarted unless I'm making a hardware change, installing a hotfix that needs it, or updating a driver (and only those that *really* require a reboot).

Unfortunately, because of the majority of less technologically inclined Windows users, MS had to do that to get them to update their computers right. Therefore we must bear such annoyances... :(

lol I'm such a n00b I thought this was ex psp 2 auto update. Guess i can't wait to get mine in the mail.

Try not minimizing it, but moving it to an out of the way area, or I Cant remember if this will work but just click on another window so that it is the top window.

Simple solution: Wait to install the updates until you're done with your business. Or, configure AU to install updates automatically during the night when you're not using the machine; then it will automatically reboot.