Chicago Fans (cubs or sox)

Which are you?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Cub Fan
    • Sox Fan

I have an idea if this thread gets a little popular...

Let's start a Cubs talk thread for all us Cubs fans. We can talk about the Cubs stuff like they do in the Cubs forum @ cubs.com

hell yeah, cubbies for life. i think i saw my first game at wrigley when i was like 8 or 9, and i'm 25 now.

i miss being in the midwest for sports...sports in LA kinda sucks. all my college buddies live like a block from wrigley now :(

hell yeah, cubbies for life.  i think i saw my first game at wrigley when i was like 8 or 9, and i'm 25 now. 

i miss being in the midwest for sports...sports in LA kinda sucks.  all my college buddies live like a block from wrigley now :(

585731640[/snapback]

Thats my dream :D

that would be so amazing to be there, just talk a walk to the park to watch the game, oh that would be fun

Aside from my Mets, the Cubs are the team I'd most like to see represent the NL in the World Series this year.

Just keep Wood and Prior on life support.

BroChaos - you from chicago ?

585731668[/snapback]

i'm actually from kalamazoo, mi, about 2 hours east.

but the cubs were alwasy my fave.

yeah, my buddy has a place about 1 block away. you walk out the door, and bam, all you see is wrigley. made me smile. he says he usually walks over like a half hour after the game starts and picks up a ticket for cheap.

Born and raised in Chi town, but moved to Vegas 15 years ago. Even w/o Sosa and Alou, the Cubbies are Great!

Oh, and you wait! When Sosa retires, he will do just what Emmitt Smith did! Resign with the Cubs for 1 day then retire as a Cub.

I like them both, but if I had to choose I'd go with the Cubs. How long has it been since they won a World Series? Gotta love pathetic teams... guess that's why I'm a Blazer fan.

I bleed Cubby Blue, season tickets, RIGHT FIELD BLEACHERS! HERE WE GO CUBBIES!

585732496[/snapback]

Really? that is sweet

how much did those cost?

I would guess $1,500+ :yes:

I got a total of 18 games (28 tickets) and w/o the Boston tickets it was over $500. I go to a few games by myself, I'm not a millionare :rofl:

@ LRoling - You live in Normal & got season tickets :p Spend a lot on gas :whistle:

Huge Chicago White Sox fan, I'll probably make it out to 30 or so home games this year as I usually do. Looking forward to some new faces on the roster and hopefully an AL Central division title.

(This is in general of Cubs fans) Its funny to see all the fair weather fans that see the Cubs making it the playoffs the past few years jumping on the band wagon. (Some Cubs fans) :p

yeah, i hated all those fans (not trying to be an elitist arse). but when you get your heart broken for like 20 years straight, and then someone who has only liked the cubs for a month acts like it means just as much to them...makes me want to smack them. but then again, there are people who could have had their hearts broken for almost a hundred years now, and they could be saying the same about me ;)

Cubs or Sox

If you live in Chicago & are a baseball fan, i don't think there are fair weather fans for both sides. Either your a Cubs fan or Sox fan but if your out of state then i can see how one can bounce around.

I went to my 1st game when i was 4yrs old, i have no memory of it but a bunch of pictures :yes: My grandma used to live off of Clark & Irving Park and we used to go to the games all the time. Back then they weren't such a hard ticket to find and they were pretty cheap (rented out here backyard for parking and went to the game.)

I will say that it was funny seeing all those Sox fans rooting for the Cubs in '03, you'll never see that from a Cubs fan if the Sox ever made it that far :whistle:

I will say that it was funny seeing all those Sox fans rooting for the Cubs in '03, you'll never see that from a Cubs fan if the Sox ever made it that far :whistle:

585734881[/snapback]

Funny...I don't ever remember rooting for the Cubs. :laugh:

Yeah, living in Normal and having season tix is bad if you drive, but I just take a Redbird Express to Joliet, get on the Metra, take that down to Union Station, then the L to Addison.

585734881[/snapback]

I don't remember that at all. What I remember is Sox fans openly rooting against the Cubs and for the Braves, then openly rooting against the Cubs and for the Marlins.

I remember reading an article about a Sox fan bar owner who was giving away a free round of beer whenever the Marlins hit a HR. After reading that, I was rooting sooooooooo hard for a 23-21 Cubs victory with the Marlins hitting like 15 HR but alas it wasn't so.

The thing that sucks the most about the "new" Cub fans is that it makes getting tickets soo much harder. Just before they've gotten on their current run of play tickets were always there the day of game and from scalpers for a "fair" price. Now, everything is sold out before opening day and don't even try to find tickets to Cubs-Sox (Red or White) or a late season Cubs-Cards game unless you're willing to mortgage part of your house or take in a renter.