NFL Europe

I did a search, but should have known no one brought up NFLE lately. :blush:

Even if you can understand why this league is feasible, tell me why we just can't call it

"NFL-Germany + Amsterdam". :unsure:

Either way, The quality of play is really poor. :sleep:

:D :D :D

I did a search, but should have known no one brought up NFLE lately.  :blush:

Even if you can understand why this league is feasible, tell me why we just can't call it

"NFL-Germany + Amsterdam".  :unsure:

Either way, The quality of play is really poor.  :sleep:

585757026[/snapback]

Heh. I didn't even know that league still existed. I stopped following it when they changed the name from WLAF and got rid of the American teams including my favorite, the NY/NJ Knights.

Heh. I didn't even know that league still existed. I stopped following it when they changed the name from WLAF and got rid of the American teams including my favorite, the NY/NJ Knights.

585757051[/snapback]

They even have their own website!!! :rofl:

http://www.nfleurope.com/

They had to change it from WLAF, when everyone started calling it "What a Laugh". :)

Edited by skinnyjm

I did a search, but should have known no one brought up NFLE lately.  :blush:

"NFL-Germany + Amsterdam".  :unsure:

Either way, The quality of play is really poor.  :sleep:

:D  :D  :D

585757026[/snapback]

It's really for people who want to play on an NFL roster, or players that are on the bottom level of Pro teams. It is to work on their skills during the offseason, and hopefully get them better. Basically, it's scraping the bottom of the NFL barrel in talent.

It's really for people who want to play on an NFL roster, or players that are on the bottom level of Pro teams.  It is to work on their skills during the offseason, and hopefully get them better.  Basically, it's scraping the bottom of the NFL barrel in talent.

585757160[/snapback]

OK, so why can't we call it NFL-Germany + Amsterdam ?

Because it's not just germany and amsterdam.  There's teams all over Europe...hence, NFL Europe

585758845[/snapback]

Actually, he was correct. 5 out of the 6 teams are in Germany with the one exception being Amsterdam.

Amsterdam Admirals

Cologne Centurions

Frankfurt Galaxy

Rhein Fire

Hamburg Sea Devils

Berlin Thunder

As I recall, there USED to be teams elsewhere in Europe but now it is mostly just Germany.

OK, so why can't we call it NFL-Germany + Amsterdam ?

585757709[/snapback]

Because it sounds stupid and it limits the market to Germany and Holland.

Actually, he was correct.  5 out of the 6 teams are in Germany with the one exception being Amsterdam.

Amsterdam Admirals

Cologne Centurions

Frankfurt Galaxy

Rhein Fire

Hamburg Sea Devils

Berlin Thunder

As I recall, there USED to be teams elsewhere in Europe but now it is mostly just Germany.

585758909[/snapback]

Shows how much I know about NFL Europe. I coulda sworn there was a Barcelona Team in there.

Shows how much I know about NFL Europe.  I coulda sworn there was a Barcelona Team in there.

585758993[/snapback]

I believe there was once at least - the Dragons or something. Also ,there was team called the Claymores as well.

I believe there was once at least - the Dragons or something.  Also ,there was team called the Claymores as well.

585759064[/snapback]

Dragons! Thanks! Yeah, there was a Claymore team too. I didn't know they downsized the league....

That said, I know when they started it, there were more than two contries represented...hehe

Dragons!  Thanks!  Yeah, there was a Claymore team too.  I didn't know they downsized the league....

That said, I know when they started it, there were more than two contries represented...hehe

585759221[/snapback]

Pretty much everything I know about NFL Europe is owed to picking the worst teasm in Madden for some beat em' up fun. I love try to score 100 points in a game. :laugh:

Because it sounds stupid and it limits the market to Germany and Holland.

585758936[/snapback]

I know it sounds stupid, that's why it's called a Joke. :blink: :)

It's really for people who want to play on an NFL roster, or players that are on the bottom level of Pro teams.  It is to work on their skills during the offseason, and hopefully get them better.  Basically, it's scraping the bottom of the NFL barrel in talent.

585757160[/snapback]

Not to disagree, but this is also to get the sport known in other countries.